2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Easily going to be the #1 pick if I had to bet. Just the total package and has the kind of court vision and feel when attacking that you can't teach.

It's insane how much he does for that team. He has to tell the guy he passes to swing the ball to the other side of the perimeter to make sure the play is moving along as schedule. Imagine if he was on a roster loaded with first round picks and didn't have to be the coach on the court as well. 

2 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

It's insane how much he does for that team. He has to tell the guy he passes to swing the ball to the other side of the perimeter to make sure the play is moving along as schedule. Imagine if he was on a roster loaded with first round picks and didn't have to be the coach on the court as well. 

He knew what he was getting into when he took the paycheck.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He knew what he was getting into when he took the paycheck.

lmfao

I get it but he had to carry his team to the win over Oral Roberts. No way that team should've needed him to score for 15 of their last 23 points scored to put away ORU. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

lmfao

I get it but he had to carry his team to the win over Oral Roberts. No way that team should've needed him to score for 15 of their last 23 points scored to put away ORU. 

At least he's getting practice for when the Knicks take him #1. 

On 12/9/2020 at 10:04 AM, Deadpulse said:

Cade's game reminds me of Jayson Tatum a lot 

I see Brandon Roy.  Maybe a little Grant Hill.  He plays at his own speed, like those two did.  Not quite the athlete Hill was, but similar style.  He is going to create for others more than Tatum.

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 1

Not enough talk on Evan Mobley

Pros: 

• Like Cade Cunningham, his biggest strength is that he's really, really, REALLY good at basketball. Unlike last years class where the top picks were athletes/body's first and basketball players second this years the reverse. Guys like Cade and Mobley have that natural feel for the game and make winning plays/teams better. Mobley is consistently in the perfect spot on both offense and defense. He's a savant
  • Really nice shooting stroke for a big and great touch finishing inside as well. Could be a 60% 2pt, 40% 3pt type player
  • Incredible passing instincts and processes decision making extremely quickly. Could be a 5+ APG center at his peak
  • Defensive instincts are amazing, moves, can cover perimeter, switch, defend low post, help from weak-side
  • As fluid a big you've ever seen, no wasted motions on either side of the ball, glides effortlessly
  • Has a great handle even for a SF but will play a C/PF type roll and will easily be able to beat people off dribble, can lead a fastbreak as well

Cons:

• Extremely skinny and needs to bulk up
  • Not a + rebounder
  • Relatively passive (I think this is a semi-strength as he plays in flow of game but when you need to force offense through someone I'd like to see he has the ability)

In summary he's a triple threat on offense and can effectively defend all 3 levels as well. I wont be surprised if hes 90% Jokic on offense and 90% Gobert on defense. 

I think he''s in argument for top pick depending on the team. He stands out as a 2-way 7'0'' for the same reasons Cade stands out as a 6''6'' combo guard. These guys are pure ballers straight up. 

• Like 2