2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

23 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I didn't know where else to put this, but as I was thinking of scorers and bucket getters...Jordan Adams came to mind. Really wish he didn't keep injuring his knees. He'd be smack dab in the middle of his prime right now.

I myself had high hopes for Adams as well. Jabari Parker's body going to complete ish after his injuries prevented him from being a good scorer. 

19 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

In this order:

Jalen Green

Evan Mobley

Jalen Suggs

Would be happy with either of those 3.  I have Green and Mobley rated equal. If we take Kuminga over them 3 I wouldnt be pissed but at the same time I wouldnt be happy. 

Yeah with Green and Mobley it really just depends on what you're looking for, I'd prefer Green as well though because he has the potential to be a future scoring champ. Suggs would be a nice pickup as well, not a sexy pick at all, and I don't think he'll ever be a #1 guy on a contender but not a bad piece to have at the beginning of a major roster overhaul. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Cade has essentially secured his spot at the top of my big board, I keep going back and forth between Mobley and Green at #2. @beekay414

Go with Green just based on how the league is built nowadays. Mobley is legit but I feel like he's got that type of personality where he's going to be more of a passenger than a driver. He's going to be good but I could see him only being something like a 16/10/3/2/1 type where he impacts the game in a positive way and is a winning player but not that high upside type that Green may end up being.

1. Cunningham
2. Green
3. Mobley
4. Suggs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Go with Green just based on how the league is built nowadays. Mobley is legit but I feel like he's got that type of personality where he's going to be more of a passenger than a driver. He's going to be good but I could see him only being something like a 16/10/3/2/1 type where he impacts the game in a positive way and is a winning player but not that high upside type that Green may end up being.

1. Cunningham
2. Green
3. Mobley
4. Suggs

I could see that, a dominant wing scorer is definitely more valuable than a dominant big unless it's Jokic or Embiid. I think Mobley's ceiling is Anthony Davis-lite, not sure he'll ever reach that level though. I like your top 4, mine is about the same right now but I have Kuminga at 4 and Suggs at 5. What's your top 10-14 looking like?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I could see that, a dominant wing scorer is definitely more valuable than a dominant big unless it's Jokic or Embiid. I think Mobley's ceiling is Anthony Davis-lite, not sure he'll ever reach that level though. I like your top 4, mine is about the same right now but I have Kuminga at 4 and Suggs at 5. What's your top 10-14 looking like?

I've been focused on the NHL draft lately so I don't really have much of a top 10-14 right now. Just the guys that I'm overly familiar with have been properly "ranked" so far.

1. Cunningham
2. Green
3. Mobley
4. Suggs
5. Mitchell
6. Kuminga

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I've been focused on the NHL draft lately so I don't really have much of a top 10-14 right now. Just the guys that I'm overly familiar with have been properly "ranked" so far.

1. Cunningham
2. Green
3. Mobley
4. Suggs
5. Mitchell
6. Kuminga

I love Mitchell as well interested to see where he ends up going. If I'm Houston and I keep my pick but don't land Cade, I'd probably take Mobley and then look to package picks to move up for Mitchell. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Keon Johnson is another guy I've started to like. He's extremely raw offensively but dude is just such a freaky athlete, he's like a smaller Jaylen Brown. 

I may or may not get much into this draft but, without a first round Bucks pick, it's hard for me to care. Plus, we likely trade that Houston 2nd, even though we shouldn't.

The Devils (my hockey team) are picking top 4 and also have a 2nd 1st round pick via trade so I've got so much more invested into the '21 NHL Draft.

Ok, as a Zion Williamson stan I’ve been trying to figure out who’s the best fit of the top guys if the Pelicans jump into the top 4. I think I’d have it (outside of Cunningham)….

1. Mobley-The ideal big man beside Zion if he truly becomes AD/Chris Bosh lite

2. Green-Blasphemous to say but him and Zion 2020s, homeless man down the block version of Kobe/Shaq???

3. Suggs-I know they have NAW and Kira Lewis but man I love Suggs. A cool headed, high IQ floor general is always of high value. If Lonzo  stays things change here but I think he’s gone.

4a/4b. Kumingha/Barnes-The Pelicans have needed a wing defender forever. Both would fit that need while having the upside of being more than just a “wing defender”.

That’s my list but I defer to the draft guys here and Pelicans fans when it comes to this.

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Ok, as a Zion Williamson stan I’ve been trying to figure out who’s the best fit of the top guys if the Pelicans jump into the top 4. I think I’d have it (outside of Cunningham)….

1. Mobley-The ideal big man beside Zion if he truly becomes AD/Chris Bosh lite

2. Green-Blasphemous to say but him and Zion 2020s, homeless man down the block version of Kobe/Shaq???

3. Suggs-I know they have NAW and Kira Lewis but man I love Suggs. A cool headed, high IQ floor general is always of high value. If Lonzo  stays things change here but I think he’s gone.

4a/4b. Kumingha/Barnes-The Pelicans have needed a wing defender forever. Both would fit that need while having the upside of being more than just a “wing defender”.

That’s my list but I defer to the draft guys here and Pelicans fans when it comes to this.

Mobley with Zion would be unfair.  Mobley could hide Zion's bad defense with his ability to be an elite rim protecting big man.