2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 6/14/2021 at 8:46 AM, YogiBiz said:

I did a lottery on Tankathon and did a draft. 
6. Golden State (via MIN) -  Scottie Barnes | F | Florida State
14. Golden State -Josh Giddey | G | Adelaide 

Would be a weird hall for the Warriors, both guys are playmakers but neither guy will be an immediate impact player and they both struggle shooting the ball. 

35 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why would Duarte make it past the Lakers pick?

I like Giddey but I think Duarte would definitely be a better pick. Giddey is a good playmaker but he's not a great shooter and probably won't be a huge contributor in year 1. Duarte is a guy that can step in and help the Lakers right away.

Hoping Spurs take Bouknight.
And hoping for one of Isaiah Todd or Greg Brown to slide to them in the 2nd. 
Trading Lonnie Walker for the rights to Kai Jones or Isaiah Jackson would be cool too, along with signing John Collins in FA.

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Giddey but I think Duarte would definitely be a better pick. Giddey is a good playmaker but he's not a great shooter and probably won't be a huge contributor in year 1. Duarte is a guy that can step in and help the Lakers right away.

Yeah, I don't think Bron wants to have to babysit a player if we do use that draft pick it should be for someone who can step in year 1 and contribute like if we kept the pick last year it should've probably been Desmond Bane who was a bit over 22 years old, but could shoot and play some defense.

We already have enough developing to do with THT.

And, yeah I like what I've read and seen on YouTube of Giddey, but he seems like he's rising up boards anyways and is more of a fit for a team in that Spurs to Celtics range.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I don't think Bron wants to have to babysit a player if we do use that draft pick it should be for someone who can step in year 1 and contribute like if we kept the pick last year it should've probably been Desmond Bane who was a bit over 22 years old, but could shoot and play some defense.

We already have enough developing to do with THT.

And, yeah I like what I've read and seen on YouTube of Giddey, but he seems like he's rising up boards anyways and is more of a fit for a team in that Spurs to Celtics range.

Yeah I was pretty annoyed that we passed on Bane for Azudukie last year. Hopefully we can add some guard depth this off-season. 

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You eyeing anyone particularly?

I'd love for us to somehow move up into the lottery and draft Davion Mitchell, just don't think we have enough assets to make that big of a leap unfortunately. 

With who is likely to be available I'd be happy to see us move up a couple of spots to take Jared Butler, Ayo Dosunmu, Chris Duarte, or Jaden Springer. 

We don't have any second round picks but I'd love to see us buy two and then take Joel Ayayi and Ibou Dianko Badji. 

Not sure how our cap situation will be or what we'll do with Conley. But Derrick Rose, Otto Porter, and Trevor Ariza are 3 guys I'd want.

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I doubt you guys even make your pick it will probably be packaged with Kuzma and Schroder for another starting piece. 

18 hours ago, Kirill said:

Regarding the two mocks above.... Those are my two ideal players for OKC. Jalen Suggs or Cade Cunningham. Both would fit our slashing positionless fundemental freeform g-league style offense perfectly.

Another best case scenario would be landing picks 2/5. Then you could take Evan Mobley/Jalen Suggs or Jalen Green/Jonathan Kuminga. 

Johnathan Macri said apparently the Knicks are the team that promised Duarte because of his connection with World Wide Wes which for the life of me I can't find proof of any where. 

EDIT: About the connection, not the Macri quote. 

Edited by YogiBiz