2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

As far as Centers go, who has the most upside out of Kofi Cockburn, Ibou Dianko Badji, and Ariel Hukporti?

Badji has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor, high risk/reward prospect, could be the next Gobert or he could be the next Thabeet. Hukporti is the best prospect of the 3, he's mobile enough to defend in the modern NBA and has a decent shooting stroke for a guy his size. Cockburn is a throw back big man but isn't very mobile and isn't a great shot blocker or rebounder. 

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Abams, Butler, Mitchell, Juzang, and Duarte. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd love for us to somehow move up into the lottery and draft Davion Mitchell, just don't think we have enough assets to make that big of a leap unfortunately. 

With who is likely to be available I'd be happy to see us move up a couple of spots to take Jared Butler, Ayo Dosunmu, Chris Duarte, or Jaden Springer. 

We don't have any second round picks but I'd love to see us buy two and then take Joel Ayayi and Ibou Dianko Badji. 

Not sure how our cap situation will be or what we'll do with Conley. But Derrick Rose, Otto Porter, and Trevor Ariza are 3 guys I'd want.

I've seen Mitchell go as high as like 6th to 10th overall. Not sure if he goes that high on draft night, but seems like you would have to move up a long way regardless.

Springer seems like one that could sneak into the lottery or fall into the 20s. Gonna be a lot of differing opinions on him I'm sure.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt you guys even make your pick it will probably be packaged with Kuzma and Schroder for another starting piece. 

You're probably right, but I'm gonna keep my eye on draft pods/articles/etc until its a foregone conclusion. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Badji has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor, high risk/reward prospect, could be the next Gobert or he could be the next Thabeet. Hukporti is the best prospect of the 3, he's mobile enough to defend in the modern NBA and has a decent shooting stroke for a guy his size. Cockburn is a throw back big man but isn't very mobile and isn't a great shot blocker or rebounder. 

That's basically what I was thinking. I like Hukporti a decent amount. 

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've seen Mitchell go as high as like 6th to 10th overall. Not sure if he goes that high on draft night, but seems like you would have to move up a long way regardless.

Springer seems like one that could sneak into the lottery or fall into the 20s. Gonna be a lot of differing opinions on him I'm sure.

You're probably right, but I'm gonna keep my eye on draft pods/articles/etc until its a foregone conclusion. 

Yeah Mitchell has definitely played his way into the top 10 and will be the 2nd PG off the board after Jalen Suggs. 

Springer's an interesting prospect because IIRC he's the youngest player in the draft. He's more of a strong athlete than an explosive one and he shot the ball well but it was such a small sample size. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a great offensive player but he could very well be the best defender from the class and has all NBA defensive potential. I've seen him compared to Marcus Smart and I think that's pretty accurate for what he could be in the league. If he looks good at the combine and in private workouts I could see a team like Golden State taking him at the end of the lottery. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Keon Johnson is super raw offensively as well but if he ever figures it out his potential is through the roof. 

He's got some Vince Carter to his game. Aka he dunks on people, hard.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He's got some Vince Carter to his game. Aka he dunks on people, hard.

Yeah I've seen a smaller Jaylen Brown comparison for him. Has a long way to go but the flashes are amazing. Crazy Tennessee had two lottery guards who will be good pros but weren't that good last season, lol. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I've seen a smaller Jaylen Brown comparison for him. Has a long way to go but the flashes are amazing. Crazy Tennessee had two lottery guards who will be good pros but weren't that good last season, lol. 

I like Kai Jones, Greg Brown, and Jericho Capella Sims. And Texas was not very good either. I'll take all 3 on the Spurs tho. 

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I like Kai Jones, Greg Brown, and Jericho Capella Sims. And Texas was not very good either.

Yeah just goes to show that the NBA draft is purely about upside. I like Kai Jones a lot, he has a long way to go but his upside is promising. Think he'd be a nice fit with the Hornets at the end of the lottery. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah just goes to show that the NBA draft is purely about upside. I like Kai Jones a lot, he has a long way to go but his upside is promising. Think he'd be a nice fit with the Hornets at the end of the lottery. 

Kai's footwork is awesome for a guy his size. That's basically a trend for players I like. Throw down dunks on peoples skulls, have great feet/balance defensively, at least average or better handles, workable shot mechanics, and not totally selfish. And preferably they like to reject people too. Guys like Kai, Isaiah Todd/Jackson, Thor, Keon, Bouknight, Josh Christopher, Greg Brown, Zhaire, Hukporti, Josh Primo. Obviously Jalen Green. That's basically my list of guys I hope the Spurs draft. I like  Deuce McBride too, but wish he was 2" taller.

Edited by Jeezla