2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

In a best case scenario the Warriors end up with the 4th and 14th picks, assuming they keep them will be interesting to see who they take. I'd guess that Cunningham, Green, and Mobley are the top 3 guys off the board in some order. 

At 4 I think they'd have to go with either Jalen Suggs or Jonathan Kuminga. I think Kuminga's upside is higher but he's a couple of years away and I don't think they need another combo forward that can't shoot. Suggs is big enough to guard 2's and could come off the bench in a Livingston type of role. 

At 14 I could see them going any number of ways with someone like Ziaire Williams, Corey Kispert, or even Chris Duarte. 

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Obviously Jalen Green.

Green has flown somewhat under the radar due to playing in the G-League but I love him as a prospect. He needs to add weight and lock in defensively but he has all of the tools to be one of the elite scorers in the NBA, imo. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Green has flown somewhat under the radar due to playing in the G-League but I love him as a prospect. He needs to add weight and lock in defensively but he has all of the tools to be one of the elite scorers in the NBA, imo. 

Yea he's basically skinny Anthony Edwards

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jonathan Kuminga is a wild card prospect, if he can figure it out as a shooter his upside is as high as anyone's in the class. He reminds me of a mix of Kawhi Leonard and Pascal Siakam. 

Thor reminds me of skinny Siakim. This class is full of skinny versions of good players.

Who do you compare Zhaire Williams to? 

That's a tough one because he's so raw and wasn't great at Stanford last season. He reminds me of Cam Reddish as a prospect as a guy who came into college with a ton of hype and then failed to live up to it. 

Thor reminds me of skinny Siakim. This class is full of skinny versions of good players.

This draft should be interesting for sure because I think it's pretty safe to assume that Cunningham, Mobley, and Green go top 3 in some order followed by Suggs and Kuminga to round out the top 5. But after that I think we'll see a lot of guys go a lot higher than they're projected too in mock drafts. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This draft should be interesting for sure because I think it's pretty safe to assume that Cunningham, Mobley, and Green go top 3 in some order followed by Suggs and Kuminga to round out the top 5. But after that I think we'll see a lot of guys go a lot higher than they're projected too in mock drafts. 

Also a crap FA class, so lots of teams will be drafting for need instead of BPA overall. Or at least I hope so.

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Also a crap FA class, so lots of teams will be drafting for need instead of BPA overall. Or at least I hope so.

The Jazz should try to move Rudy to one of the lottery teams for some picks, lol. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@Sllim Pickens if I'm the Pistons and I have the #2 pick I think I'd go Jalen Green there and then target someone like Charles Bassey in the 2nd round. 

I agree.  I see a lot of mocks giving us Mobley, and just not sure that's ideal for us.  We need a true scoring option on the wing.  Stewart was actually quite good for us and earned more minutes, we just dont have another true scoring option.  

• Like 1