2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree.  I see a lot of mocks giving us Mobley, and just not sure that's ideal for us.  We need a true scoring option on the wing.  Stewart was actually quite good for us and earned more minutes, we just dont have another true scoring option.  

And an elite wing scorer > a great big man.

ETA: Plus as you said Stewart has flashed and you can find another rim running big at the top of the second or end of the first round. 

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You got a chance to have a top 10 pick.

Getting him would be awesome. I don't think there's much of a gap between him and Bouknight, so I'd be thrilled with either. Keon has higher upside, but Bouknight probably more ready to contribute as a rook. 

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Getting him would be awesome. I don't think there's much of a gap between him and Bouknight, so I'd be thrilled with either. Keon has higher upside, but Bouknight probably more ready to contribute as a rook. 

Keon’s upside is significantly higher than Bouknight’s IMO. I think at their peaks Boukinght is around Jordan Clarkson level and Keon can be mini Jaylen Brown. 

Top 4 seems overwhelmingly consensus (and obvious), then Kuminga seems to be #5 but he's so raw I could see him sliding a bit....

But that 6-15 range is just crazy. Theres so much to like and not like with everyone......

Wagner - Super productive, young, high IQ, impactful, all around game but not a knockout shooter and cant really win off the dribble

Sengun - The most productive and accomplished player in the class but questions about size/athleticism, and that he's a traditional 5 in a league moving away from them

Moody - Can he create his own offense? 

Bouknight & Springer - Both are pure scorers without a strong 3. Can either add passing or defense to their games? 

Mann - Great shooter, handle, nice passer but questions on athleticism and defense

Barnes - Amazing energy, passing, defense but very questionable touch and shooting. 

I could keep going. I could see some of these guys going 6 or some going at 20 and I have no clue who will be better. I think teams will draft for fit. 

4 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Top 4 seems overwhelmingly consensus (and obvious), then Kuminga seems to be #5 but he's so raw I could see him sliding a bit....

I don't see anyway that Kuminga gets out of the top 5. He's only 18 and you can't teach his physical tools, especially when we just saw guys like Patrick Williams and Isaac Okoro go in the top 5 last year. 

5 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Bouknight & Springer - Both are pure scorers without a strong 3. Can either add passing or defense to their games? 

Jaden Springer is a pure scorer? The biggest question mark about his game is if he'll be able to score in the league and he's probably the best perimeter defender in the class. 

8 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

But that 6-15 range is just crazy. Theres so much to like and not like with everyone......

In the 6-14 range it does get a little murky but three guys that I think have definitely cemented themselves there are Davion Mitchell, Scottie Barnes, and Keon Johnson. After those 3 though it really is just a complete crap shoot.  

2 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

^ I meant Keon Johnson*

Keon Johnson isn't a pure scorer either, he's extremely raw offensively. And is another one of the best defensive players in the class. What makes him an intriguing prospect is that he's a physical freak with a high motor that plays hard on defense. If he ever figures it offensively he can be very good but he wasn't great scoring last year like at all.

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Sengun - The most productive and accomplished player in the class but questions about size/athleticism, and that he's a traditional 5 in a league moving away from them

I can see why people like him but to me he's more Nurkic than Jokic in the league. Which is still a solid player but not sure if it's someone I'd want in the lottery.

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Wagner - Super productive, young, high IQ, impactful, all around game but not a knockout shooter and cant really win off the dribble

Not a huge Wagner fan, think he's a poor man's Gordon Hayward.