2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Look at junior Ron Harper Jr for RU if you haven’t already. Having an all conference level season so far, averaging 23 pts on 60% shooting (50% from 3 w/ over 6 shots/g), 7 rebounds and 3 assists per game for 5-0 RU, and showed up big in their 2 games vs P5 competition. His silky stroke, which has improved each year, is the biggest draw, but he brings a plain interesting build to the table. 6’6 and 245 lbs. As NBA gets smaller and more “positionless”, a guy like RHJ might be a great 4 or even act like a PJ Tucker on D. He’s not that quick or fast, average athlete as far as NBA goes, but he is very crafty at finishing at the rim and is a smart defender. Should return for senior season and make run at some accolades and further polish his skills, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s late 1st already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Sotto looks like he’s added some weight 

When I was in the Philippines earlier this year a lot of people were talking about him, interested to see how he along with the other non elite prospects like Nix and Todd play this year. For guys like Kuminga/Green taking the G-League path makes sense because they're legit pros and will be high lottery picks. But for guys like Nix, Sotto, and Todd (all who were meh in their first scrimmage) what happens after this season if they're not good enough to get drafted? 

On 12/15/2020 at 1:15 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Look at junior Ron Harper Jr for RU if you haven’t already. Having an all conference level season so far, averaging 23 pts on 60% shooting (50% from 3 w/ over 6 shots/g), 7 rebounds and 3 assists per game for 5-0 RU, and showed up big in their 2 games vs P5 competition. His silky stroke, which has improved each year, is the biggest draw, but he brings a plain interesting build to the table. 6’6 and 245 lbs. As NBA gets smaller and more “positionless”, a guy like RHJ might be a great 4 or even act like a PJ Tucker on D. He’s not that quick or fast, average athlete as far as NBA goes, but he is very crafty at finishing at the rim and is a smart defender. Should return for senior season and make run at some accolades and further polish his skills, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s late 1st already.

I just saw a mock draft that had him going at the end of the lottery.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 2:31 PM, roger murdock said:

I think he''s in argument for top pick depending on the team. He stands out as a 2-way 7'0'' for the same reasons Cade stands out as a 6''6'' combo guard. These guys are pure ballers straight up. 

Yeah, I think Cunningham, Mobley, and Kuminga are all tier 1a with Jalen Green slightly behind them as a prospect and I'd put him at tier 1b. If they reach their ceilings Cunningham can be Jayson Tatum with more playmaking, Mobley can be Garnett, and Kuminga can be a Siakam/Kawhi hybrid. I like Jalen Green a lot as well but I think he's a Zach LaVine type player in the league, which is very good but not necessarily someone you build a franchise around. 

On 12/9/2020 at 12:30 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Easily going to be the #1 pick if I had to bet. Just the total package and has the kind of court vision and feel when attacking that you can't teach.

Yeah his game is tailor made for the league, he's like a Brandon Roy/Jayson Tatum hybrid. 

RJ looks much better (albeit against the Pistons) than he did last year. If he can average 20/5/5, which he will have every opportunity to with this roster, he's a keeper. 

On the other hand, Robinson doesn't look like his game evolved at all in the offseason. He's still fouling a ton, missed back door cuts, refusing to take his starting spot or get upset about not named the starter, and refusing to take wide open shots when they are there. He's a Clint Capela clone, which is not bad, but he's not gonna be worth the money he makes on his next contract. 

If the Knicks can't get Cunningham/Suggs get Mobley and trade Mitch. 

1 minute ago, YogiBiz said:

RJ looks much better (albeit against the Pistons) than he did last year. If he can average 20/5/5, which he will have every opportunity to with this roster, he's a keeper. 

On the other hand, Robinson doesn't look like his game evolved at all in the offseason. He's still fouling a ton, missed back door cuts, refusing to take his starting spot or get upset about not named the starter, and refusing to take wide open shots when they are there. He's a Clint Capela clone, which is not bad, but he's not gonna be worth the money he makes on his next contract. 

If the Knicks can't get Cunningham/Suggs get Mobley and trade Mitch. 

The Obi Toppin pick is still a mystery to me, Avdija or Haliburton would have made so much more sense. 

Scottie Barnes is looking legit. Game-winning shots, getting to the basket, dunking on people, and playing D. He looks like the whole package early on. He leads FSU in assists playing point forward. 

FSU should finish the regular season in the Top 10.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Obi Toppin pick is still a mystery to me, Avdija or Haliburton would have made so much more sense. 

Haliburton+Barrett would be such a good back court of the future. Avdija+Barrett would be an insane wing combo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Haliburton+Barrett would be such a good back court of the future. Avdija+Barrett would be an insane wing combo. 

Yeah, Haliburton is going to be a plus-level role player and Avdija looks like the real deal. But at least the Knicks have another below average PF.

• Like 1