2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Houston losing their pick would be a tragedy for their fanbase, lol. 

It would definitely suck but its not the end of the world.  rockets just need to get a franchise guy in 2022 and 2023 when they have their own picks.  

Edited by Texansfan713

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Ran the lottery 10 times, took the 10th result.

BK's 2021 NBA Mock Draft v2.0
First Round
1. Detroit - Cade Cunningham | GF | Oklahoma State
2. Cleveland - Evan Mobley | C | USC
3. Oklahoma City - Jalen Green | GF | G League Ignite
4. Toronto - Jalen Suggs | G | Gonzaga
5. Oklahoma City (via HOU) - Jonathan Kuminga | F | G League Ignite
6. Orlando - Keon Johnson | SG | Tennessee

classic magoc lotto outcome. besides isaac, hampton's my favorite piece going forward on orlando. **** maybe my favorite piece since isaac can't get 20 games on the court without busting his ankle or tearing something. but i wouldn't be mad at keon i guess, even tho it's like **** this is what we do every year. take an energy/high potential dude that just needs a shot that never develops a shot until we give up on him and trade him 

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mock Draft 4.0 (Used Tankathon's lottery machine once)

1. Orlando: Cade Cunningham | GF | Oklahoma State

this just isn't how the basketball gods do things pal 

would be the best day in orlando since we bounced the cavs in 09' tho

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

classic magoc lotto outcome. besides isaac, hampton's my favorite piece going forward on orlando. **** maybe my favorite piece since isaac can't get 20 games on the court without busting his ankle or tearing something. but i wouldn't be mad at keon i guess, even tho it's like **** this is what we do every year. take an energy/high potential dude that just needs a shot that never develops a shot until we give up on him and trade him 

So would you rather have more proven players with higher floors or more raw players with higher upside? Cuz I think a haul of Keon Johnson, Kai Jones and Brandon Boston Jr is pretty damn good for a rebuilding team. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So would you rather have more proven players with higher floors or more raw players with higher upside? Cuz I think a haul of Keon Johnson, Kai Jones and Brandon Boston Jr is pretty damn good for a rebuilding team. 

we've known each for 11 years. you know what i like lol. yes, gimmie the energetic alpha that can't shoot. every time. i've just become disillusioned with the nba draft at this point as a magic fan. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinneasGage said:

we've known each for 11 years. you know what i like lol. yes, gimmie the energetic alpha that can't shoot. every time. i've just become disillusioned with the nba draft at this point as a magic fan. 

Dwayne Bacon. Got it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Will the exploitation of Gobert's perimeter D make guys like Kai/Isaiah Jackson, who can guard on the perimeter, more sought after?

They still have to be able to bang down low with the bigger guys in the league, but yes. Guys who can protect the rim and then switch on D are invaluable in the league now imo. 

They also have to add something other than rim running (ie become a good passer/respectable shooter). Gone are the days where the centers who just attack of Lobs and offer nothing else. 

Edited by YogiBiz

On 6/18/2021 at 12:59 AM, NYRaider said:

19. New York: Sharife Cooper | PG | Auburn

21. New York: Jalen Johnson | F | Duke 

I wouldn’t hate it. But god idk if we can survive with another lead guard who can’t shoot league average. 

16 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Will the exploitation of Gobert's perimeter D make guys like Kai/Isaiah Jackson, who can guard on the perimeter, more sought after?

This isn't anything new, positionless basketball and having guys that can switch has been extremely important. 

20 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

It would definitely suck but its not the end of the world.  rockets just need to get a franchise guy in 2022 and 2023 when they have their own picks.  

Definitely not the end of the world but adding Cade would definitely be huge for you guys. 

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

They also have to add something other than rim running (ie become a good passer/respectable shooter). Gone are the days where the centers who just attack of Lobs and offer nothing else. 

The Lakers just won a title playing bully ball with two bigs. 

• Like 1