2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Haliburton is going to be a plus-level role player and Avdija looks like the real deal. But at least the Knicks have another below average PF.

I still think Toppin will be the real deal and hit 17/7/3 when he figures it out. I just think/thought Avdija was a star and Haliburton is going to be a plus starter for a long long time. 

3 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

I still think Toppin will be the real deal and hit 17/7/3 when he figures it out. I just think/thought Avdija was a star and Haliburton is going to be a plus starter for a long long time. 

Meh. I don't like Toppin at all, I think he's Derrick Williams 2.0. If the Knicks can tank for Cade though all will be forgiven. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. I don't like Toppin at all, I think he's Derrick Williams 2.0. If the Knicks can tank for Cade though all will be forgiven. 

He's more skilled than Williams, but I don't expect us to win the Cade sweepstakes. 

4 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

He's more skilled than Williams, but I don't expect us to win the Cade sweepstakes. 

He's like a Beasley/Williams hybrid. Maybe not but Mobley, Green, or Kuminga would be awesome prizes as well. 

Edited by NYRaider

From an ESPN+ Article about the G-League Ignite scrimmages. 

On Jonathan Kuminga

Kuminga stood out as the most productive prospect to take the floor in the two scrimmages, averaging 23.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists while shooting 14-for-18 from 2 and 3-for-10 from distance. For stretches, Kuminga looked like a potential top-five pick, scoring the ball at all three levels while defending up to four positions in a pinch.

On Jalen Green

Now listed at 6-foot-6 and 186 pounds -- while still potentially being the best prospect in the draft in terms of shiftiness and explosion -- Green showed the full extent of his talent in both scrimmages, coming up with some jaw-dropping highlights that only a handful of players on the planet are capable of executing.

Neither consistent nor efficient on either end of the floor, Green often looked his age going up against grown men in these scrimmages, taking difficult shots, making questionable decisions and struggling to create for teammates, while suffering too many lapses on the defensive end.