2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

NYRaider Mock Draft 4.0 (Final Before Lottery) *Simmed the lottery 5 times on Tankathon for Order*

22. Lakers: Cam Thomas | CG | LSU

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

NYRaider Mock Draft V 1.0 (Post Lottery)

I.... don't get it.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Lakers need someone other than LeBron who can score and create their own offense. 

Reading Sam's write up for his mock after the lottery... doesn't seem to strike me as a Laker.

The player: Arguably the most natural scorer in this draft class. Few teenagers have the kind of scoring instincts that Thomas does. He has this innate sense for how to get defenders off balance and has a ridiculous pull-up game that allows him to be constantly on balance himself. He was the fourth-leading scorer in college basketball as a teenager after all. That seems good, right? So where is the issue? Well, scoring is all he does. He’s a bad defender and plays fairly selfishly on offense to the point that I can see some friction developing between him and some older teammates at the next level.

Makes much more sense for a team that can be patient with him like the team he mocked him to... the Thunder.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Reading Sam's write up for his mock after the lottery... doesn't seem to strike me as a Laker.

Makes much more sense for a team that can be patient with him like the team he mocked him to... the Thunder.

You guys have no guards under contract heading into the off-season, I ultimately don't even think you keep your pick. But you need guys that can take some pressure off of LeBron to create. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You guys have no guards under contract heading into the off-season, I ultimately don't even think you keep your pick. But you need guys that can take some pressure off of LeBron to create. 

We are likely bringing back Caruso/THT. No idea on Schroder, but he said he wants to come back. Not sure if we would sign and trade him or what, but that no guards thing isn't gonna stay and still I think if you could manage to get Springer to fall to 30, then you can find a way to get Duarte to fall to 22. I would say I don't think he goes as high as the lottery, but GS does need win now players. Who knows if they keep that pick either though.

41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We are likely bringing back Caruso/THT. No idea on Schroder, but he said he wants to come back. Not sure if we would sign and trade him or what, but that no guards thing isn't gonna stay and still I think if you could manage to get Springer to fall to 30, then you can find a way to get Duarte to fall to 22. I would say I don't think he goes as high as the lottery, but GS does need win now players. Who knows if they keep that pick either though.

Based on early chatter it seems like they're keeping Wiseman and the picks. It also seems like they want guys that can come in and contribute right away. I'd expect that they target Moses Moody, Davion Mitchell, or Scottie Barnes at #7 then someone like Chris Duarte or Corey Kispert at #14. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Based on early chatter it seems like they're keeping Wiseman and the picks. It also seems like they want guys that can come in and contribute right away. I'd expect that they target Moses Moody, Davion Mitchell, or Scottie Barnes at #7 then someone like Chris Duarte or Corey Kispert at #14. 

If that’s the case, then I hope Curry doesn’t re-sign and leaves after this year.

5 hours ago, Kirill said:

Remove #35 from going to Memphis. Can't be that picky when you're moving into the top 10 of a hyped draft class. Then probably have to attach a future pick for Pelicans to accept.

I figured #35 would be a little optimistic, but I really don't think they'd have to attach another future pick. Only moving up 7 spots, giving up a positive asset in Allen, and taking back a huge negative asset in Bledsoe to help clear their books to re-sign Ball.

If adding another pick, especially another 1st, is what it took, then I'm not taking back Bledsoe.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

NYRaider Mock Draft V 1.0 (Post Lottery)

1. Detroit: Cade Cunningham | GF | Oklahoma State

2. Houston: Jalen Green | SG | G-League

3. Cleveland: Evan Mobley | FC | USC

4. Toronto: Jalen Suggs | PG | Gonzaga

5. Orlando: Jonathan Kuminga | F | G-League

6. Oklahoma City: Davion Mitchell | PG | Baylor

7. Golden State: Scottie Barnes | F | Florida State

8. Orlando: Keon Johnson | GF | Tennessee

9. Sacramento: Jalen Johnson | F | Duke

10. New Orleans: Moses Moody | GF | Arkansas

11. Charlotte: Kai Jones | FC | Texas

12. San Antonio: Alperen Sengun | C | Turkey

13. Indiana: Franz Wagner | F | Michigan 

14. Golden State: Chris Duarte | GF | Oregon 

15. Washington: Isaiah Jackson | FC | Kentucky

16. Oklahoma City: Ziaire Williams | GF | Stanford

17. Memphis: James Bouknight | SG | UConn

18. Oklahoma City: Usman Garuba | FC | Spain

19. New York: Josh Giddey | GF | Australia 

20. Atlanta: Tre Mann | CG | Florida

21. New York: Corey Kispert | GF | Gonzaga

23. Houston: Trey Murphy III | GF | Virginia 

24. Houston: Charles Bassey | C | Western Kentucky

25. Clippers: Jared Butler | CG | Baylor

26. Denver: Ayo Dosunmu | CG | Illinois 

27. Brooklyn: Aaron Henry | GF | Michigan State

28. Philadelphia: Josh Christopher | CG | Arizona State

29. Phoenix: Johny Juzang | GF | UCLA

30. Utah: Jaden Springer | CG | Tennessee 

you think you slick huh? lol

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I figured #35 would be a little optimistic, but I really don't think they'd have to attach another future pick. Only moving up 7 spots, giving up a positive asset in Allen, and taking back a huge negative asset in Bledsoe to help clear their books to re-sign Ball.

If adding another pick, especially another 1st, is what it took, then I'm not taking back Bledsoe.

Bledsoe isn’t a bad contract tbh. It’s only partially guaranteed. It’s an easy dump.