2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

with the OKC-SGA timeline kinda being weird, is out of the realm of possibility they'd consider

5, 8, chuma okeke, markelle fultz and DEN 25' 1st for SGA? 

So...SGA would rather be in Orlando than OKC?

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah this really screwed up the OKC “the process”. Outside of their own, they’re likely looking at a bunch of middling first round picks which is the risk you take when you tank and trade everyone for draft picks. Plus, SGA isn’t going to hang around on a team with zero talent in Oklahoma City lol

Wait...Boston has a bunch of mid first round picks and they're great assets, but OKC does and they're "middling"? Interesting.

25 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It'll really depend on if SGA is willing to wait it out. If he expresses desire to leave in two years, what do you do?  The Thunder really needed to land a top 3 pick in this draft I think. What picks do they have that are even enticing? The 2024 Houston first is top 4 protected, Houstons 2025 swap is top 10 protected, Phillys 2025 is top 5 protected, Houstons 2026 is top 4 protected.

I mean none of those picks are really that valuable. Houstons picks probably will be in the 8-12 range which could be useful in trade talks but it's going to be tough for OKC to get a star with those picks.

He's a RFA after the year, and he's going to sign a max FA contract.  That's at least another 3 years beyond this year.  Could be another 6 years.

Does Houston enter this draft considering Wood a building block? If yes, then I think Suggs is the pick. If not, then either Mobley or Suggs. Green in play too of course but I think he's #4 of the big 4. 

I mean, Mobley and Woods could play together, but I can't imagine a team in the 2020s built around 2 big men. 

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Does Houston enter this draft considering Wood a building block? If yes, then I think Suggs is the pick. If not, then either Mobley or Suggs. Green in play too of course but I think he's #4 of the big 4. 

I mean, Mobley and Woods could play together, but I can't imagine a team in the 2020s built around 2 big men. 

It's Green or Mobley IMO.

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Suggs is the pick then that tells me they dont think highly of Kevin Porter Jr.  Its going to be down to Green and Mobley. Suggs is a tier below them IMO. 

Im leaning more towards liking Green but man Mobley is going to be a flat out stud.   Stone cant go wrong either way. 

Its a guard game. Houston should draft Green and not think twice. Don’t need two bigs in small ball era. C Wood is capable , Mobley will be better down the line but its a force pick. Green will be a scoring machine 20+ and pairing him with Porter Jr is instant offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Somehow I feel this you in hindsight...

I thought that they should’ve taken Deni Avdija or Killian Hayes. I wasn’t a Ball fan during the draft but if Houston takes Mobley over Green we’ll be saying all year how they made the wrong pick as Mobley has a meh rookie season and Green is likely ROY. Green will make whatever team that drafts him must see TV just like Ball did.