2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How is the timeline weird? SGA is 22...

Hard to believe since he plays with the pace and composure of a 10 year vet.

Gonna be hard to tank next season cause of it. So in that sense yeah He’s too damn good we really needed to win the lottery now. 

But we’re still in by far the best position out of all of these teams. Idgaf if the rockets get jalen green they’re still the rockets and we still got half their picks 

45 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

This all of a sudden becomes a very interesting off-season for Toronto. Getting the 4th pick is great I’m hoping we don’t overthink things but I also trust our scouting department but I’d say there’s a 98% chance we land one of Mobley, Green or Suggs. I think I’d put it in that order of preference as well but fully acknowledging that’s probably almost everyone’s order of those 3 prospects. Assuming Detroit doesn’t do something weird or trades down they land Cade who is the top prize in this draft and Mobley/Green in whatever order go 2-3. Mobley fits our biggest need positionally and Green fills our biggest weakness of scoring but Suggs just seems like such a Raptors player despite the fact that we’ve been so G heavy shouldn’t be a huge factor to reach for Kuminga or Barnes at 4 unless Orlando, OKC or GS want to give us some kind of big offer which I wouldn’t say I’m exactly running to make but am a little more open to than last night.

Darius Bazley, 6, 16, 34, 2022 PHX 1st for 4.

OKC gets Mobley/Suggs remainder to secure a legit 2nd option to fit the SGA timeline and Raptors drop down 2 spots and hedge their bets with multiple other picks and a nice little player in Bazley

Edited by Kirill

19 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Hard to believe since he plays with the pace and composure of a 10 year vet.

Gonna be hard to tank next season cause of it. So in that sense yeah He’s too damn good we really needed to win the lottery now. 

But we’re still in by far the best position out of all of these teams. Idgaf if the rockets get jalen green they’re still the rockets and we still got half their picks 

yall wont have the rockets picks till like 2024.  rockets might be a playoff team by then if they hit on this pick and the 2 other ones after this year.  lol

and what does "they are still the rockets" mean? 

12 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Darius Bazley, 6, 16, 34, 2022 PHX 1st for 4.

OKC gets Mobley/Suggs remainder to secure a legit 2nd option to fit the SGA timeline and Raptors drop down 2 spots and hedge their bets with multiple other picks and a nice little player in Bazley

That’s a pretty solid offer I think. I would say even though it’s only moving down two spots and picking up extra I would like an overwhelming deal for this to be considered as it appears to be a 4 player and OKC is the one team who could presumably give that overpay type of deal and have it not really hurt them. 

Taking BPA is how I usually play the draft or taking a swing if you have a later pick. Even though Suggs seems like such a Raptors player he is the lone player out of him, Green and Mobley I would even consider a trade down with. 

I think FVV and Suggs fit together pretty well and if Lowry is gone it still may be the best option. 

This is part of the draw back of having the draft before FA I’d like to know what the deal is with Lowry and Trent but alas that’s not how the NBA does it. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Raptors lucky they are even in the top 4.  With the top 4 you are picking a potential star I would stay put if I were them. 

That’s more or less how I feel but if Cade, Mobley and Green go top 3 and perhaps we like either Kuminga or Barnes more than I think it’s under consideration to receive a dramatic overpay to move down a spot or two. 

I think if Green or Mobley are available I’d stick at 4 no matter what. 

Don't overthink it, Toronto. Take Suggs. Even if he's "just Jrue Holiday" he's going to be a damn fine player that matters towards winning. Then again, we saw teams pass on that type of player in Haliburton so who the hell knows with these GMs.

Houston should definitely take Green. Then it gets interesting as to what Cleveland will do. I think they'd still take Mobley because we've seen them try the big man lineup with Drummond so they won't shy away from having Allen, Mobley, Nance and Love. Love's days are numbered anyways in Cleveland so I don't think he'd have much of an impact on the pick. 

Where the draft gets interesting is at #5. Kuminga makes sense due to the upside but Orlando is known for going off the board. I don't think they'd take Barnes but I could see them being more interested in Keon Johnson or Moses Moody. Wouldn't put Jalen Johnson past them either. Sengun could be a dark horse here, being completely honest.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yall wont have the rockets picks till like 2024.  rockets might be a playoff team by then if they hit on this pick and the 2 other ones after this year.  lol

and what does "they are still the rockets" mean? 

It means your owner is still this guy

91OKnHHZTdL.jpg

🤣🤣🤣 I'm sorry Tilman, you ain't fooling noone we know you skipped about 30 spots in line

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't overthink it, Toronto. Take Suggs. Even if he's "just Jrue Holiday" he's going to be a damn fine player that matters towards winning. Then again, we saw teams pass on that type of player in Haliburton so who the hell knows with these GMs.

This is probably where I’m going to land on but I have created a problem in my mind and want to explore all avenues. The possibility of both Lowry and Trent being gone could make this easier. I think if Trent returns on a slight overpay as opposed to a major overpay I think it still makes sense. FVV/Flynn and Suggs/Trent is potentially very nice backcourt depth and perhaps some cash leftover for Noel or Holmes. 

I feel safe with Suggs I think the problem of if he’s only Jrue is a pretty great problem. He could even be more than that but if not I feel pretty safe he becomes around that. 

I’m definitely subscribing to the BPA approach and if this is a 4 player draft then it seems obvious it’s just both Green and Mobley make more sense for this team and a lot harder to pass up. I think if a team is desperate to make a splash and taking a boatload of picks is something to think about to only move down a few spots. 

Suggs is such a Raptor I can’t hardly believe it but Mobley is a big time talent who fills a huge positional need and Green could solve perhaps our biggest issue and become our go to scorer. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Cleveland should take Suggs. Trade off Garland and Sexton. You already got Jarret Allen he's aight and you take the PG in these situations

The Cleveland factor cannot be underestimated if this draft yields 3 all stars in the top 4 picks I absolutely believe Cleveland will take the wrong guy 3rd overall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

This was reported last night before the lottery. In an interview today he made it sound like the Cavs ROSTER was up for grabs in trades, but that getting a top 3 pick changes the teams direction. 

The Cavaliers are in an interesting spot at #3. The Rockets could take Evan Mobley or Jalen Green and whichever one is left isn’t really a great fit with your current roster construction. Jarrett Allen is a a RFA but I can’t imagine the team let’s him walk this summer. Assuming the Rockets go Green at #2 do you take Mobley who’s best suited to play the 5 when the league is trending away from traditional big men? 

Brian Windhorst said the Cavaliers will likely take Suggs and trade Sexton. Which would be a weird move, IMO cause he doesn’t fit great next to Garland either.