2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Don't overthink it, Toronto. Take Suggs. Even if he's "just Jrue Holiday" he's going to be a damn fine player that matters towards winning. Then again, we saw teams pass on that type of player in Haliburton so who the hell knows with these GMs.

Houston should definitely take Green. Then it gets interesting as to what Cleveland will do. I think they'd still take Mobley because we've seen them try the big man lineup with Drummond so they won't shy away from having Allen, Mobley, Nance and Love. Love's days are numbered anyways in Cleveland so I don't think he'd have much of an impact on the pick. 

Where the draft gets interesting is at #5. Kuminga makes sense due to the upside but Orlando is known for going off the board. I don't think they'd take Barnes but I could see them being more interested in Keon Johnson or Moses Moody. Wouldn't put Jalen Johnson past them either. Sengun could be a dark horse here, being completely honest.

Sounds like Cleveland is leaning towards Jalen Suggs and trading Sexton. 

Garland - Suggs - Okoro - Prince - Allen

That spacing may set the league back 50 years.

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

But we’re still in by far the best position out of all of these teams. Idgaf if the rockets get jalen green they’re still the rockets and we still got half their picks 

Not really, I mean other than SGA, who else is there to be excited about on your roster? Poku, Maledon, Dort, and Bazley all sucked last season. You were making plans for Cade and Green but I warned you my son to pre-order that Scottie Barnes jersey.

6 hours ago, indifference said:

Its a guard game. Houston should draft Green and not think twice. Don’t need two bigs in small ball era. C Wood is capable , Mobley will be better down the line but its a force pick. Green will be a scoring machine 20+ and pairing him with Porter Jr is instant offense. 

green, kpj, and wood seems a little reckless to me 

not super high level bb iq from them 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Where the draft gets interesting is at #5. Kuminga makes sense due to the upside but Orlando is known for going off the board. I don't think they'd take Barnes but I could see them being more interested in Keon Johnson or Moses Moody. Wouldn't put Jalen Johnson past them either. Sengun could be a dark horse here, being completely honest.

Yeah Orlando with 5/8 is in a weird spot, they will continue to add athletes with no jumpers to their collection of athletes with no jumpers. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not really, I mean other than SGA, who else is there to be excited about on your roster? Poku, Maledon, Dort, and Bazley all sucked last season. You were making plans for Cade and Green but I warned you my son to pre-order that Scottie Barnes jersey.

I don't agree with his take but I'd be excited about Poku if I were an OKC fan. The potential is there, it just needs refined. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah Orlando with 5/8 is in a weird spot, they will continue to add athletes with no jumpers to their collection of athletes with no jumpers. 

That's why I hope they go against the grain and stop with the athletes with unrefined basketball skill. I'd honestly take Davion Mitchell at 5, make Cole Anthony a 6th man and then take Moody at 8

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

green, kpj, and wood seems a little reckless to me 

not super high level bb iq from them 

The Rockets are at the beginning of a major roster overhaul, don't think Wood and KPJ are considered building blocks at this point. They're only committed to KPJ for 1 year and Wood for 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't agree with his take but I'd be excited about Poku if I were an OKC fan. The potential is there, it just needs refined. 

I was probably the biggest Poku stan during the pre-draft process but he's a project. And to say OKC is in the best spot of any rebuilding team with their current core and picks is pushing it, lol. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's why I hope they go against the grain and stop with the athletes with unrefined basketball skill. I'd honestly take Davion Mitchell at 5, make Cole Anthony a 6th man and then take Moody at 8

They'll probably go Jonathan Kuminga and Keon Johnson. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Cavaliers are in an interesting spot at #3. The Rockets could take Evan Mobley or Jalen Green and whichever one is left isn’t really a great fit with your current roster construction. Jarrett Allen is a a RFA but I can’t imagine the team let’s him walk this summer. Assuming the Rockets go Green at #2 do you take Mobley who’s best suited to play the 5 when the league is trending away from traditional big men? 

Brian Windhorst said the Cavaliers will likely take Suggs and trade Sexton. Which would be a weird move, IMO cause he doesn’t fit great next to Garland either. 

Windhorst doesn’t know what he’s talking about anymore at least when it comes to the Cavs. 

Right now I’d guess Green would be the pick, but personally I would love to trade down with Orlando and pickup 5 and 8. Go Kuminga and Jalean Johnson. That would be much better for our roster