2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

28 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Looks like a much better frame at the same age.  Who was closer to playing in college between Kuminga/Green?  CBB missed out...

At the combine LaVine measured in at 6'6" 181 with a 6'8.5" wingspan. Green's measurements at the last big camp were 6'6" 175 with a 6'7.5" wingspan. And I don't think Green ever planned on playing college basketball, he had a weird HS career and IIRC there were concerns if he'd even be eligible. Kuminga looked like a guy that was going to play college ball but then the covid stuff hit and he reclassified to play in the G-League. Both guys definitely made the right decision though, make $500K in a season to play in a bunch of glorified G-League exhibitions rather than play for free in a weird college basketball season that will likely be over soon. 

Edited by NYRaider

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Is Scotty Pippen a legit NBA prospect? Saw he was doing 22 and 5 on 45.0/39.5/83.7 but I've honestly never really watched him and he's undersized at 6'1".

Could be a good scorer off the bench early on, but if his efficiency keeps climbing and he gets stronger he could be a Fred VanVleet type of player with a better offensive repertoire. He's a smart defender and plays the pass really well and has active hands when opponents are driving. Definitely a interesting prospect, but he needs to get stronger and clean up the turnovers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Can the Knicks have him pls. Or are we just gonna take the best available player from NY?

In all seriousness though if the Knicks land in the top 3-4 you guys should be in a good position to land Jalen Suggs or Jalen Green. If you end up later in the lottery I could see you grabbing someone like David Duke. 

On 1/18/2021 at 2:53 PM, NYRaider said:

In all seriousness though if the Knicks land in the top 3-4 you guys should be in a good position to land Jalen Suggs or Jalen Green. If you end up later in the lottery I could see you grabbing someone like David Duke. 

Why are you lying to everyone. We are obviously going to take Roko Prkacin

Edited by YogiBiz

Interested to see what picks the Rockets end up with.  They will end up with the Blazers pick if they make the playoffs. Rockets wont get the Pistons 1st.  If the Rockets pick not top 4 they will most likely end up with the Heat 1st round. I'm hoping for a top 4 pick. 

Needs

SG- Oladipo probably wont resign. Gordon is not the future answer at SG going forward.

PF- Tucker is older and wont be in the long term plans

SF- Gordon is not a SF and he is starting there by default. 

Edited by Texansfan713