2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Is Kuminga a better prospect than Barnes? Orlando has a tough decision to make if they keep the pick. They should trade it to SA for Lonnie Walker and Luka Samanic.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

don't want sexton... does nothing for orlando. 

Sexton is 22 and just averaged 24/3/4 on 47% FG/37% 3FG/81% FT. He's somewhat of a tweener but he has proven that he can score and will only continue to get better. Much better than any guard you have on your roster or any guard you'll land at 5 or 8.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sexton is 22 and just averaged 24/3/4 on 47% FG/37% 3FG/81% FT. He's somewhat of a tweener but he has proven that he can score and will only continue to get better. Much better than any guard you have on your roster or any guard you'll land at 5 or 8.

i know who collin sexton is 

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is Kuminga a better prospect than Barnes? Orlando has a tough decision to make if they keep the pick. They should trade it to SA for Lonnie Walker and Luka Samanic.

Difficult to say to be honest, both guys are athletic wings with upside. I think they both have the potential to be plus defenders, Barnes has more potential as a playmaker, and Kuminga has more potential as a scorer. One differentiator though is that Barnes has very good intangibles while Kuminga is kinda like a Wiggins/Simmons type in terms of personality.  

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i know who collin sexton is 

You wouldn't give up #5/#8, plus a couple of your young pieces who haven't show much for a proven 24 ppg scorer and Evan Mobley? You'd rather have Scottie Barnes and Moses Moody? lol 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Difficult to say to be honest, both guys are athletic wings with upside. I think they both have the potential to be plus defenders, Barnes has more potential as a playmaker, and Kuminga has more potential as a scorer. One differentiator though is that Barnes has very good intangibles while Kuminga is kinda like a Wiggins/Simmons type in terms of personality.  

Can Barnes shoot FT's? If he can, I like him more than Kuminga.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You wouldn't give up #5/#8, plus a couple of your young pieces who haven't show much for a proven 24 ppg scorer and Evan Mobley? You'd rather have Scottie Barnes and Moses Moody? lol 

i don't like mobley's head. not a guy i wanna add. i'll take green. i'll take suggs. i love cade. why is CLE so willing to trade a proven 24 ppg scorer... i'm a fan of sexton. he's not the guy i want at the 1. 

i'd be cool with moving up to 3 to grab green... maybe even suggs if it's not super expensive. otherwise collect assets... wait for a true blue-chipper to cash in on. don't skip steps and add a guy like sexton who's about to fetch a contract and is a few paces ahead of where my team is. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i don't like mobley's head. not a guy i wanna add. i'll take green. i'll take suggs. i love cade. why is CLE so willing to trade a proven 24 ppg scorer... i'm a fan of sexton. he's not the guy i want at the 1. 

i'd be cool with moving up to 3 to grab green... maybe even suggs if it's not super expensive. otherwise collect assets... wait for a true blue-chipper to cash in on. don't skip steps and add a guy like sexton who's about to fetch a contract and is a few paces ahead of where my team is. 

I mean you can just stand pat and add guys like Kuminga and Johnson, then you'll just remain in purgatory. Your core has no young players to be excited about or who have shown they can score or be difference makers in the NBA.