2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I personally love Kuminga's upside he reminds me of a Pascal Siakam/Kawhi Leonard hybrid from a physical tools/upside perspective. But he's going to have to end up in the right situation to capitalize on his skills. 

You say Siakim and Kawhi but then you call him a 4?

Which is it?

Just now, NYRaider said:

I mean you can just stand pat and add guys like Kuminga and Johnson, then you'll just remain in purgatory. Your core has no young players to be excited about or who have shown they can score or be difference makers in the NBA. 

do you surmise adding sexton will take us out of purgatory 

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

do you surmise adding sexton will take us out of purgatory 

I don't think he takes you out of purgatory but he's far better than any guard or player you currently have on your roster. You have a log jam full of just okay players, you need difference makers. Sexton has at least shown he can score and will likely only continue to get better going forward. The only reason that the Cavaliers want to move on from Sexton is because a Garland/Sexton backcourt doesn't work defensively, they're both too small. And Sexton is due for a pay day next off-season, if Fultz can get healthy you wouldn't have that issue with Sexton/Fultz together in the backcourt. 

Then by moving up to #3 you'd have a chance to draft Evan Mobley who could potentially be AD-lite if he reaches his ceiling. 

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You say Siakim and Kawhi but then you call him a 4?

Which is it?

I said Kuminga reminds me of a Siakam/Kawhi hybrid in terms of his physical talent and upside. Kuminga is 6'8" 220 with a 7'0" wingspan, Kawhi is 6'7" 225 with a 7'3" wingspan, and Siakam is 6'9" 230 with a 7'3" wingspan. 

Siakam played both the 3/4 for the Raptors, he was interchangeable at the forward spots with OG. Kawhi plays the 3 but in the playoffs this year he was essentially interchangeable at the 3/4 with Batum in the Clippers small ball lineup. 

I think he's a combo forward just like those two especially as the league continues to move towards positionless basketball. He's a guy that will be able to switch 1-4 defensively and play either forward spot offensively. 

He's raw offensively for sure but he has great measurable's and plus level athleticism. 

Kuminga averaged 15.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.7 apg on 39% FG, 25% 3FG, and 62% FT.

Siakam was the 27th pick and averaged 16.6 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.5 apg on 55% FG, 17% 3FG, 71% FT at a mid-major program. 

Kawhi was the 15th pick and averaged 14.1 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.2 apg on 45% FG, 25% 3FG, and 74% FT at a mid-major program. 

Not to mention Kuminga will be what just turning 19 at the start of his rookie season. Kawhi was a 20 year old rookie and Siakam was a 22 year old rookie. And neither of those guys did much during their first year in the league. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If you're going to draft Mobley I think you try to move Allen and Sexton on draft night to add more young pieces to your core that fit around Garland, Okoro, and Mobley. 

isnt Allen a RFA?  I dont think they can move Allen on draft night.

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

isnt Allen a RFA?  I dont think they can move Allen on draft night.

That is true, so I guess they'd take Mobley on draft night and look to move Allen at the deadline. Although it seems like they want to go guard and move Sexton. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think he takes you out of purgatory but he's far better than any guard or player you currently have on your roster. You have a log jam full of just okay players, you need difference makers. Sexton has at least shown he can score and will likely only continue to get better going forward. The only reason that the Cavaliers want to move on from Sexton is because a Garland/Sexton backcourt doesn't work defensively, they're both too small. And Sexton is due for a pay day next off-season, if Fultz can get healthy you wouldn't have that issue with Sexton/Fultz together in the backcourt. 

Then by moving up to #3 you'd have a chance to draft Evan Mobley who could potentially be AD-lite if he reaches his ceiling. 

Sexton, Kevin Love, 3 FOR Cole Anthony, Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris, 5, 8

Collin Sexton / Michael Carter-Williams
Jalen Green / RJ Hampton 
Jonathan Isaac / Terrence Ross
Kevin Love / Chuma Okeke 
Mo Bamba / Wendell Carter Jr. 

i guess. 

sexton (34) / hampton (14)
green (32) / hampton (12) / ross (4) 
isaac (26) / ross (22)
love (22) / okeke (20) / isaac (6)
bamba (24) / carter jr. (24) ~ until a clear leader is established at the 5

i'd rather stay flexible and add assets and cash in for a player like SGA or someone of that caliber once something inevitably happens to some star. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i'd rather stay flexible and add assets and cash in for a player like SGA or someone of that caliber once something inevitably happens to some star. 

You guys are in a weird spot but personally I'd prefer Sexton and whoever's left at #3 over whoever you will potentially land at 5/8. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You guys are in a weird spot but personally I'd prefer Sexton and whoever's left at #3 over whoever you will potentially land at 5/8. 

yeah it's sexier... i dunno if it's the right move tho if we wanna build something worth a **** long-term. if green is there at 3, i'm down tho. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

yeah it's sexier... i dunno if it's the right move tho if we wanna build something worth a **** long-term. if green is there at 3, i'm down tho. 

Right now you guys just have too many meh players across the board. At least with Sexton you have a young, proven 24 ppg scorer and would be adding another talented guard in Green who has the potential to be a 25+ ppg scorer.