2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 1/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, Texansfan713 said:

Interested to see what picks the Rockets end up with.  They will end up with the Blazers pick if they make the playoffs. Rockets wont get the Pistons 1st.  If the Rockets pick not top 4 they will most likely end up with the Heat 1st round. I'm hoping for a top 4 pick. 

Needs

SG- Oladipo probably wont resign. Gordon is not the future answer at SG going forward.

PF- Tucker is older and wont be in the long term plans

SF- Gordon is not a SF and he is starting there by default. 

If Houston ends up with a top 4 pick you want one of Jalen Green (SG), Jonathan Kuminga (SF/PF), or Cade Cunningham (PG/SG). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

* I used Tankathon's mock draft simulator for draft order * 

NYRaider 2021 Mock Draft V 1.0 (Lottery Only) 

1. Detroit: Cade Cunningham | GF | Oklahoma State

2. Oklahoma City (Via Miami): Jonathan Kuminga | F | G-League

3. New York: Jalen Suggs | PG | Gonzaga

4. Golden State (via Minnesota): Jalen Green | CG | G-League

5. Washington: Evan Mobley | FC | USC

6. Toronto: Jalen Johnson | F | Duke

7. Chicago: James Bouknight | PG | UConn

8. New Orleans: Ziarie Williams | F | Stanford

9. New York (via Dallas): Corey Kispert | F | Gonzaga

10. Orlando: Scottie Barnes | F | Florida State

11. Sacramento: Day'Rone Sharpe | FC | North Carolina

12. Oklahoma City: Keon Johnson | SG | Tennessee

13. Houston: Jaden Springer | CG | Tennessee 

14. San Antonio: Greg Brown | FC | Texas

Any mock draft that has Minny picking being outside of the top 3 is a winner for me. I would also go Jalen Johnson for the Warriors. His size at the wing is just to good to pass on and would be an ideal fit with Kerr.

I like the SGs towards the end of the draft that they could take with their own pick. 

suns prob gonna draft Corey Kispert

I think James Jones has two traits he looks for in prospects, they are really good shooters for their position and they are the type of person who everyone goes out of their way to say they are a nice person. 

(idk if the 2nd trait applies to kispert) 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Any mock draft that has Minny picking being outside of the top 3 is a winner for me. I would also go Jalen Johnson for the Warriors. His size at the wing is just to good to pass on and would be an ideal fit with Kerr.

I like the SGs towards the end of the draft that they could take with their own pick. 

Jalen Johnson at #4 is a little rich for me. Who knows if Klay will play at a high level after missing two seasons with serious lower body injuries, not to mention he'll be 31 at the start of next season. 

I think Kuminga would be an excellent fit but he was off the board in my mock. I like Green to GS because he has legitimate #1 scorer in the league potential. They can use him in a super sixth man role as he can play with Curry and Klay. And as they look to rebuild they'll have two young guys with extremely high ceilings in Green and Wiseman to build around. 

On 2/10/2021 at 7:32 AM, agarcia34 said:

Excited to watch Kuminga in a little bit. His potential is out of this world. Green as well a lot rides on these two players and if this G league thing will just be a phase or a real way to get to the NBA

Kuminga and Green definitely made the right decision this year. Get paid to play instead of playing for free in what has been a shell of a year in college basketball. I like Cunningham but I think Kuminga has the highest ceiling in this class. 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:20 AM, agarcia34 said:

Green/Wiseman would give the Warriors a nice young duo to build around going forward.