2021 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Does anyone who fell out of the lottery last year (Anthony, Quickley or Achiuwa) go top-5 this year if they came back to school?

Absolutely not. I think you can make a strong case that Jalen Suggs, Evan Mobley, Jonathan Kuminga, Jalen Green, and Cade Cunningham would've went #1 last year. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Absolutely not. I think you can make a strong case that Jalen Suggs, Evan Mobley, Jonathan Kuminga, Jalen Green, and Cade Cunningham would've went #1 last year. 

Man how does Minnesota not borderline forfeit every game not to keep their pick?

10 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Man how does Minnesota not borderline forfeit every game not to keep their pick?

They're doing a decent job so far sitting with the worst record in the league at 7-20. 

Getting to see some more film on guys, my NBA comparisons for the top 5 prospects in the class. 

Cade Cunningham: Brandon Roy 

Jonathan Kuminga: Kawhi Leonard / Pascal Siakam hybrid 

Jalen Green: Zach LaVine

Evan Mobley: Chris Bosh / LaMarcus Aldridge hybrid 

Jalen Suggs: Jason Kidd / Chauncey Billups hybrid 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Getting to see some more film on guys, my NBA comparisons for the top 5 prospects in the class. 

Cade Cunningham: Brandon Roy 

Jonathan Kuminga: Kawhi Leonard / Pascal Siakam hybrid 

Jalen Green: Zach LaVine

Evan Mobley: Chris Bosh / LaMarcus Aldridge hybrid 

Jalen Suggs: Jason Kidd / Chauncey Billups hybrid 

Is Cunningham not a true Point Guard? His assist totals are low.

30 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Nah. Don't look at his stats when judging his passing acumen. OkSt is absolute garbage and I think him having close to 4 APG is insane. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think he's more of a combo guard than a true point guard. Roy averaged 6 apg at his peak, about what I think Cunningham will put up. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think he's more of a combo guard than a true point guard. Roy averaged 6 apg at his peak, about what I think Cunningham will put up. 

I love that he's shooting exactly 42.9% from both 2P range and 3P range. Consistency is key.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I love that he's shooting exactly 42.9% from both 2P range and 3P range. Consistency is key.

I like Cunningham as a prospect but I'd take Kuminga over him all day every day. Cunningham is definitely very skilled but when I watch him play he just lacks a degree of explosiveness. 

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jalen Johnson has opted out of the rest of the season and will prepare for the draft. Will be interesting to see how it effects his draft stock, he only played 9 games his senior year of HS and 13 games at Duke.

I'm not touching Jalen Johnson with a 10 foot pole if I'm an NBA team. Duke is now the 4th team he's quit on, including one he came crawling back to at the end of his HS career.

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not touching Jalen Johnson with a 10 foot pole if I'm an NBA team. Duke is now the 4th team he's quit on, including one he came crawling back to at the end of his HS career.

He has played like 22 games the last two years. Seems to have some bad apples around him.