2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What's dumb about it? He's like 5-6 on almost everyone's board, deservedly so. He's the prototypical NBA forward, 6'8" 220 (7'0" WS), plus athleticism, and will be able to switch 1-4 defensively. Is he raw offensively? Yeah, but you also have to remember that he reclassified up a year to play in the G-League and we only got a 13 game sample size in a bubble setting. He's 18 and has flashed the ability to score off the bounce, finishes above the rim, flashed some playmaking ability, rebounds at a high level, and his shooting mechanics are fine. 

Kai Jones is a solid prospect but he's a sophomore and still super raw after two years in college. He's a terrible rebounder for his size, is a good but not great rim protector and isn't a stretch shooter. 

why do you insist telling me the most basic **** about prospects that i obviously am aware of going into a debate lol? kuminga can be "18" all he wants. not buying that.  don't trust him to improve. doesn't play winning ball. he's a net negative and what about him makes you think he's actually gonna improve. he deflects criticism. he doesn't have it imo. on top of being raw he just doesn't know how to play winning ball. certain guys can get away with that and i'd feel comfortable about them figuring it out. kumingas not one of those guys. 

he could obviously be good. i'd be shocked. this isn't a guy i wanna add to my program if i'm running a team. there's **** i like about him... he can be a guy that attacks at a high level, runs a break and play elite D (don't think he has the mind set for that). i see the appeal... i know the traits people see and get excited about. there's just better prospects where people are talking about him going 

kai jones has special special traits and the right mind set. gimmie kai over kuminga 10/10 times. 

23 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

this feels similar to the malik monk / donovan mitchell debate. with a guy that has "it" and a guy that doesn't seem like gives af. except people aren't as sleep to it now. ceiling tied to passion. obviously that's projection from your own opinions on how people communicate and how you interpret ****, but it doesn't take anyone with like a special eye or anything to see barnes cares way more about the game. that's way more important in determining ceiling 

and with monk and mitchell it's obviously way different. we had a guy that won in one way in monk and a guy that had a variety ways to win and the passion to maximize **** that wasn't tied to athletic traits. mitchell was better in every way, but it just reminds me of how i felt about the guys in terms of how their character seemed 

Malik Monk balled out at Kentucky but didn't have great physical tools. He's a 6'3" two guard with a 6'4" wingspan and average athleticism. Mitchell was raw as a scorer but had crazy length and athleticism. 

Scottie Barnes I've grown to like less as a prospect the more I've gotten to know him. Not entirely sure why but he's missing the "it" factor and he's too tall to be the type of elite wing defender or more importantly offensive player I would want.

And James Bouknight has like 2x many turnovers to assists and shot 23% on catch and shoot 3's. Don't want him at 6 either. And I think Kuminga is a bust but you might just have to say F it and take him anyways. I don't know what else you do if you're OKC. Moses Moody?

Edited by Kirill

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

its not easy as you think but like i said on twitter today i wouldnt be shocked if orlando ends up picking barnes. he is a better fit for them.

He just put up a video on IG or some ish where he was in their facility and he looked pretty at home

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

why do you insist telling me the most basic **** about prospects that i obviously am aware of going into a debate lol? kuminga can be "18" all he wants. not buying that.  don't trust him to improve. doesn't play winning ball. he's a net negative and what about him makes you think he's actually gonna improve. he deflects criticism. he doesn't have it imo. on top of being raw he just doesn't know how to play winning ball. certain guys can get away with that and i'd feel comfortable about them figuring it out. kumingas not one of those guys. 

he could obviously be good. i'd be shocked. this isn't a guy i wanna add to my program if i'm running a team. there's **** i like about him... he can be a guy that attacks at a high level, runs a break and play elite D (don't think he has the mind set for that). i see the appeal... i know the traits people see and get excited about. there's just better prospects where people are talking about him going 

kai jones has special special traits and the right mind set. gimmie kai over kuminga 10/10 times. 

He played 13 games and you can make all of these assumptions based on that small of a sample size and a few interviews? 

I agree that he's not a good fit in Orlando though. We've seen numerous prospects with crazy raw tools like Bamba, Gordon, and Isaac get drafted to the Magic then squander their careers away. He needs to go to an organization with high level player development. 

Kai is a solid prospect but he's very much a boom/bust guy as well. So raw offensively, extremely skinny/weak, doesn't rebound, and will get bullied by bigger players inside. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

the kuminga hype is the dumbest part of this draft. i mean **** how is kai jones not an easily better prospect? 

idk man Kai Jones doesn't excite me either. They're both underwhelming prospects. OKC at pick 6 it's like we're left picking thru the garbage bin. Jones played like 20 minutes a night as a sophmore how is that a top NBA prospect

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

idk man Kai Jones doesn't excite me either. They're both underwhelming prospects. OKC at pick 6 it's like we're left picking thru the garbage bin. Jones played like 20 minutes a night as a sophmore how is that a top NBA prospect

if kuminga is there to take at 6, then you should be happy. it's better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

if kuminga is there to take at 6, then you should be happy. it's better than nothing.

IDK I'd rather they pick someone between Keon Johnson and Moses Moody. Kuminga just looks like trash to me. He's the worst kind of tweener.

Or I think our GM might seriously take Jalen Johnson 6th. IDK anymore, we got screwed this year on these top picks.

I like Cameron Johnson for OKC at 16th though. Kid was 4th leading scorer in NCAA last season for LSU is a sniper I think OKC might be getting him at 16 or 18.

I have a better feeling at us landing a great player out of 16 and 18 than 6.

Edited by Kirill

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Malik Monk balled out at Kentucky but didn't have great physical tools. He's a 6'3" two guard with a 6'4" wingspan and average athleticism. Mitchell was raw as a scorer but had crazy length and athleticism. 

For **** sake pal

• Like 1