Jaguars 2021 Official Draft Thread - News and Notes

.Buzz

So....now that the free agency frenzy is over, what are the new priorities for the draft?

Way I see it, not including qb...

1.  TE

2. WR W/OUTSIDE SPEED 

3. SAFETY

4. O-LINE DEPTH

5. EDGE/OUTSIDE LB

-charles

Edited by Charles
Adding description

4 minutes ago, Charles said:

So....now that the free agency frenzy is over, what are the new priorities for the draft?

Way I see it, not including qb...

1.  TE

2. WR W/OUTSIDE SPEED 

3. SAFETY

4. O-LINE DEPTH

5. EDGE

-charles

They need a third down back as well, and I really think you need at least one guy to seriously push to start on the OL. And maybe you double dip at TE. But that's probably it for high priority needs. 

Then some more depth and jars on the shelf on the DL and LB group. Maybe a slot corner. 

And just like general star power. We have a lot of underneath and mid-level talent. It's gonna be all about seeing who you can develop and who you can draft that will become stars that's really the biggest need right now.

11 minutes ago, pwny said:

They need a third down back as well, and I really think you need at least one guy to seriously push to start on the OL. And maybe you double dip at TE. But that's probably it for high priority needs. 

Then some more depth and jars on the shelf on the DL and LB group. Maybe a slot corner. 

And just like general star power. We have a lot of underneath and mid-level talent. It's gonna be all about seeing who you can develop and who you can draft that will become stars that's really the biggest need right now.

Kind of what I meant about oline depth...someone who could push cann or Robinson or both. 

Im with u on the lack of star power, but right now I'd settle for a bunch of solid guys rather than reaching for potential home runs.

-charles

I was watching some more Trey Lance tape, and....yeesh. He’s a super high potential guy, but it’s reeeeeaaallly nice to not have to worry about us drafting a guy that we’re going to have to thoroughly develop before they’re ready to be a competent starting QB

Great year to be 1-15 instead of 4-12

On 3/18/2021 at 5:35 PM, pwny said:

Watching some Michael Carter cut ups, and kinda feeling like he might be an interesting Day2/3 sort of target for that "3rd down back" type role.  His skillset seems like an interesting complement to what we have.

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I feel we need to do w.e it takes without trading future choices to secure pitts. 

Lawrence to pitts+ chark+ vodka+jones = wins

I just really don't see us having the pieces to do that.  Seems like the whole league is going ga ga over Pitts as the pre-draft process gears up.

Feel like we have a better chance of going up to get someone like Chase as a receiving weapon, if we're going all in on that.  There's at least a little bit of ambiguity about who the top receiver is and where these guys might go.  With Pitts...just seems like across the board, people are super high on him.  Honestly, i feel like the hype has outgrown the actual player.

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Watching some Michael Carter cut ups, and kinda feeling like he might be an interesting Day2/3 sort of target for that "3rd down back" type role.  His skillset seems like an interesting complement to what we have.

I have watched none of his tape, but he went to my high school so I’m here for it

https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=19162&pos=DT&wu=

Milton Williams is a DE/DT from Louisiana Tech who has a 9.94/95 RAS.  .95 is at DE and .94 is at DT. 

biggest knock i know of is he has Sub Par arm-length of 31.5. 

He played 5tech so if we wanted a Nice Trait development guy he could be a guy for us tho some have him as a round 2 guy or day 3 guy