Jump to content

Jaguars 2021 Official Draft Thread - News and Notes


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Also, Rondale Moore came in at 5'7 with a 42.5 inch vert.

That's nuts.

Dude could straight up jump over himself.  Handy trait to have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Dude could straight up jump over himself.  Handy trait to have.

Yes but u know staying healthy is a better trait to have. 

Being 5 foot7 180 and not 5 foot 9 190 does a lot.  Don't recall many wrs of those sizes outside of guys like Tridon Holliday, jakeem grant, andrew Hawkins, isiah mckenzie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yes but u know staying healthy is a better trait to have. 

Being 5 foot7 180 and not 5 foot 9 190 does a lot.  Don't recall many wrs of those sizes outside of guys like Tridon Holliday, jakeem grant, andrew Hawkins, isiah mckenzie. 

I don't actually like him much as a player/prospect.  But it's still a neat party trick.

 

That's also not really meaningfully far off someone like Tyreek Hill coming out, size-wise.

Edited by Tugboat
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't actually like him much as a player/prospect.  But it's still a neat party trick.

 

That's also not really meaningfully far off someone like Tyreek Hill coming out, size-wise.

Yes but u have to consider injury history and moore isn't durable.  

Hill is a guy who went 5th round cuz of that massive red flag(domestic abuse). 

What I'm saying is u don't take massively undersized guys who have durability problems Early.  Just look at past drafts. 

Theirs only 2 wrs that come to my head that are worth something under 5 foot 9. 

Cole beasley and tyreek hill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 7:13 AM, LinderFournette said:

Yes but u have to consider injury history and moore isn't durable.  

Hill is a guy who went 5th round cuz of that massive red flag(domestic abuse). 

What I'm saying is u don't take massively undersized guys who have durability problems Early.  Just look at past drafts. 

Theirs only 2 wrs that come to my head that are worth something under 5 foot 9. 

Cole beasley and tyreek hill. 

I’ve been a major stickler for avoiding injured players in the draft.. But when talking to Purdue fans they say this past year Moore although nicked up could have gone into games but was held out do to the team being injury riddled which caused coaches to shut him down do to the season being lost and some what just persevering him for this upcoming draft. Only thing that concerns me about more is his height while playing wideout but he has played well against some decent DBs in his career.. but he has low center of gravity he kind of reminds me of MJD just playing from the wideout position. But he’ll have to be gadget guy in the quick game he would add a good dimension to complete what we already have weapon wise but I believe he’ll go somewhere between 15-20 now and I wouldn’t be surprised if sooner it’ll all be predicated on if 5 qbs can be squeezed out in the first. 

Edited by DuvalsKing
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 7:13 AM, LinderFournette said:

Yes but u have to consider injury history and moore isn't durable.  

Hill is a guy who went 5th round cuz of that massive red flag(domestic abuse). 

What I'm saying is u don't take massively undersized guys who have durability problems Early.  Just look at past drafts. 

Theirs only 2 wrs that come to my head that are worth something under 5 foot 9. 

Cole beasley and tyreek hill. 

You have to take into account that the NFL is starting to favor these undersized players in today's league. The NFL has become much more receiver friendly and the league is protecting players. The undersized guys have a better opportunity to play healthy. Also consider that he will not be a go to guy out the gate. His first 2 years he will just be a gadget player as he may be the 4th or 5th receiving option. He'd basically be Laviska's relief. He is well worth a later round look.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord.

Straight line speed isn’t everything especially without bend, and pro day speeds are typically faster than combine times. But good lord. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...