Jaguars 2021 Official Draft Thread - News and Notes

.Buzz

Also, I've been seeing Oweh getting mocked to us by just about everyone recently. This is usually the time where people are getting some legit info on interests from teams.

With only Allen and Chaisson, wouldn't shock me if we go edge relatively early tbh.

fwiw, took a look at the last 15 selections at #33 in the NFL draft

2006 Houston Texans - DeMeco Ryans - 10 years in NFL (6 with Texans) - ROTY, 2x Pro Bowl, 1x All-Pro

2007 Arizona Cardinals - Alan Branch - 11 years in NFL (4 with Cardinals) - 2x Super Bowl Champion

2008 St. Louis Rams - Donnie Avery - 7 years in NFL (3 with Rams)

2009 Detroit Lions - Louis Delmas - 7 years in NFL (5 with Lions) - 3 Defensive Touchdowns

2010 St. Louis Rams - Rodger Saffold - Still in NFL (9 years with Rams) - 1x All-Pro, 142 games started

2011 New England Patriots - Ras-I Dowling - "5" years in NFL (2 with Patriots)

2012 St. Louis Rams - Brian Quick - 7 years in NFL (5 with Rams)

2013 Jacksonville Jaguars - Johnathan Cyprien - Currently a Free Agent (Played in 2020 for the 49ers; spent 4 years with Jaguars)

2014 Houston Texans - Xavier Su'a-Filo - Still in NFL (4 years with Texans) - Only 53 games started

2015 New York Giants - Landon Collins - Still in NFL (4 years with Giants) - 3x Pro Bowl, 1x All-Pro

2016 Tennessee Titans - Kevin Dodd - 2 years in NFL (both with Titans)

2017 Green Bay Packers - Kevin King - Still in NFL (Still with Packers)

2018 Cleveland Browns - Austin Corbett - Still in NFL (1+ years with Browns, traded in season 2) - 24 games started

2019 Arizona Cardinals - Byron Murphy - Still in NFL (Still with Cardinals)

2020 Cincinnati Bengals - Tee Higgins - Still in NFL (Still with Bengals)

46 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I took Oweh in a Madden 21 franchise a month or two ago and he ended up being a HOFer so I'm down.

Little worried with the lack of production/rawness with Chaisson still a question mark but he's #fun.

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Can he return kicks by any chance?  We really need an upgrade at kick returner.

He did not return in college no but we are paying Agnew good money and I'd imagine he will take the lead there. I think Brown would come in this season likely as the 4th WR on the roster eventually agin Jones who although I really like is on the wrong side of 30. Brown would be great to line up across from Chark on the outside and be a true field stretcher. Also someone who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and blocking.

I'd see us taking this WR set into the season:

WR1: Chark

WR2: Jones

Slot: Shenault

WR4: Brown

WR5: Johnson

WR6/Returner: Agnew

2 minutes ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

He did not return in college no but we are paying Agnew good money and I'd imagine he will take the lead there. I think Brown would come in this season likely as the 4th WR on the roster eventually agin Jones who although I really like is on the wrong side of 30. Brown would be great to line up across from Chark on the outside and be a true field stretcher. Also someone who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and blocking.

I'd see us taking this WR set into the season:

WR1: Chark

WR2: Jones

Slot: Shenault

WR4: Brown

WR5: Johnson

WR6/Returner: Agnew

That's a pretty good group.  If we have some extra cap space, I would love to see us bring in Cordarrelle Patterson.  It sounds like he is going to be a cap casualty in Chicago, and although he is getting up there in age, he is an amazing kick returner, and he is also an excellent gunner on special teams.  He probably wouldn't cost a lot, and could return great value at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's a pretty good group.  If we have some extra cap space, I would love to see us bring in Cordarrelle Patterson.  It sounds like he is going to be a cap casualty in Chicago, and although he is getting up there in age, he is an amazing kick returner, and he is also an excellent gunner on special teams.  He probably wouldn't cost a lot, and could return great value at the same time.

Agnew was signed to be the return guy. Behind him I guess would be claybrooks.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, .Buzz said:

Little worried with the lack of production/rawness with Chaisson still a question mark but he's #fun.

Fun note. The lack of production has actually worked out for the two guys chosen in the first round with even less production than oweh. JPP and Ziggy Ansah. I was never a big Ziggy fan, thought he was overrated, but that's not a bad track record

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Fun note. The lack of production has actually worked out for the two guys chosen in the first round with even less production than oweh. JPP and Ziggy Ansah. I was never a big Ziggy fan, thought he was overrated, but that's not a bad track record

I actually really liked both of them when they were coming out fwiw.

Chaisson is/was just really raw so that worries me a bit.