Jaguars 2021 Official Draft Thread - News and Notes

.Buzz

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Yeah, not surprising as I've said before. If we weren't drafting our franchise QB I can't say I'd love it since I'm not huge on RBs round 1 but give him as much help as possible imo.

10 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

fwiw I like Oweh's upside a lot and think he can get there

The tape is fairly impressive. He was getting into the backfield consistently. Just very raw.

Like I said, makes me feel a bit better we have one of the better DL coaches that you'd want to help develop a guy like that, but still.

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

After watching James Palmer’s reports, I am thinking:

25- Edge

33- Moehrig

45- OL

Sign me up with those 3 positions in any order.

If Phillips medicals check out he's probably tops for me. Otherwise Ojulari, Rosseau (big boom or bust type but man...), or Oweh (ideally at the top of round 2 if possible though) jump out for me.

Safety any of the top 3 (Moehrig preferred, then Holland followed by Grant probably).

If Vera-Tucker somehow falls he's pretty high on my board. Jenkins is another OL I have fairly high. I really think Leatherwood is sneaky underrated at this point too. Really liked what I saw from him and he's so versatile so if Cam ends up taking a step/being our long term fixture he can easily take over a OG spot next year. I could see Cosmi and/or Eichenberg in the discussion too. Feel like I have to take a deeper dive on both though.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If Phillips medicals check out he's probably tops for me. Otherwise Ojulari, Rosseau (big boom or bust type but man...), or Oweh (ideally at the top of round 2 if possible though) jump out for me.

Safety any of the top 3 (Moehrig preferred, then Holland followed by Grant probably).

If Vera-Tucker somehow falls he's pretty high on my board. Jenkins is another high up my board OL. I really think Leatherwood is sneaky underrated at this point too. Really liked what I saw from him and he's so versatile so if Cam ends up taking a step/being out long term fixture he can easily take over a OG spot next year. I expect Cosmi and/or Eichenberg to be in the discussion too.

If they can land Lawrence at 1, Phillips/Paye/Rosseau/Ojulari at 25, Moehrig at 33 (even trade up a couple spots) and Cosmi/Eichenberg at 45, that would be a home run. 

With 65 and our two 4ths, add a TE and speed to the offense (slot and RB).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If they can land Lawrence at 1, Phillips/Paye/Rosseau/Ojulari at 25, Moehrig at 33 (even trade up a couple spots) and Cosmi/Eichenberg at 45, that would be a home run. 

With 65 and our two 4ths, add a TE and speed to the offense (slot and RB).

Amen to all of that.

I legit forget about Paye sometimes. I'd be shocked if he fell that far but if he does sign me up. Not an ideal fit for a 3-4, but with our combo looks/Cullen bringing that exotic BAL defense it'd ease my mind.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That nugget, along with Breer+King giving us Oweh in their last mock this AM at 25...

Don't forget the types Baalke went after in SF too. Length, length, length. I think there's a legit shot or him or Rosseau there (or honestly any of the lengthy edge rushers). 

Kinda sounds like Gregory Rousseau to me.  He's a very big man.  Even Phillips since we know Baalke likes injured guys a lot.

I'd like either of those over Oweh tbh.

8 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Big time pass on Oweh. Do not want at all.

Yeah.  I kind of feel like i've watched a different Jayson Oweh the way people talk about him so highly.  Like yeah, he's got some physical traits in that he looks good getting off the bus or whatever.  But uh...I'd take him on Day 2 as a project, but from everything it sounds like...that may as well be saying "do not want at all".

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Still don't really get why Etienne is "the guy" to apparently chase at RB.  Are they suggesting Najee Harris is gonna be gone already?  Or like...what's wrong with him?  Why can't we just get him instead, if we're doing the whole RB thing early again?

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

If Vera-Tucker somehow falls he's pretty high on my board. Jenkins is another OL I have fairly high. I really think Leatherwood is sneaky underrated at this point too. Really liked what I saw from him and he's so versatile so if Cam ends up taking a step/being our long term fixture he can easily take over a OG spot next year. I could see Cosmi and/or Eichenberg in the discussion too. Feel like I have to take a deeper dive on both though.

Edge, OT in that first few picks mix makes a lot of sense to me too.

Safety, ehhh...i'm not as sure.  I don't really like Holland that much tbh, i feel like he's almost more of a NB or something.  If they landed Moehrig, that'd be fine...but other than that, i like Grant...but i'd probably just wait and see.  I get the desire to improve the spot...but i'm just not sure the value is going to be there.

I'd put WR ahead of that based on how it looks likely to fall.  LBer too, has some really interesting names there.  Even if it's not as pressing a need positionally...our need fundamentally, is for impact players.  And LBer feels like it has more guys that fit the bill, likely to be there around those pick ranges.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Do you see Vera-Tucker as an OT?

Jenkins i'm definitely into if he's there.  Lot to work with there.  Leatherwood would be fine too, and his potential versatility is definitely a plus...but it'd be one of those sorta, "safe but solid" picks?  The upside feels pretty mediocre to me, but just getting a solid OLine with that kind of versatility would be hard to scoff at.

Eichenberg and Cosmi are good too.  Cosmi seems like he could have some versatility to him too, like Leatherwood...but i kinda like his upside a little bit more i think.

The other guy is Radunz, who feels like more of a "swing for the fences" type.  But i'd be very into at least trying something like that.

12 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Do you see Vera-Tucker as an OT?

I think he's got a shot, yeah. His length for LT is a bit worrisome but I think he can do it.

If he has to stay inside though, I think you're looking at a guy that has a real chance to be an elite guard. Which I'm totally cool with.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think he's got a shot, yeah. There's some obvious questions there though.

If he has to stay inside though, I think you're looking at a guy that has a real chance to be an elite guard. Which I'm totally cool with.

Yeah, that's fair.  The things he's got going for him, seem like they should make for a solid guard at least.  And having at least an inkling of Tackle utility from a G is always a nice bonus imo.  Just adds a layer of important depth.

I've just kinda logged him in as a G prospect though.  Which for me, kinda puts him more in line with looking at some other IOL guys like Creed Humphrey and Landon Dickerson.  I think those are guys you could plug in at C to grow with Lawrence for half a decade.  Bump Linder over, or even have him start at C until the rookie can be trusted at C.

It's a different kind of utility/versatility though.

• Like 1