Jaguars 2021 Official Draft Thread - News and Notes

.Buzz

6 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Do most mocks have him still being available at 25? I see he didn’t make it past 18 in TCMD

I'd say about 70 percent of the mocks I see him picked by us. So at least for now, yes.

Matt Miller suggests we might target Toney at 25 to give Urban a weapon similar to what he had in Percy Harvin.

He then goes on to say that we could be competing for the division in 2022 with a strong offseason.

Booger McFarland then compares our OL situation to Cincy’s [that seems harsh] and Indicates that the team needs large upgrades. 

22 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Booger is clueless

Like it’d clear that the right side needs to be better, and Cam needs to find sustained success at the level he was, but the idea that the OL is going to kill Trevor and isn’t something that is obviously going to be addressed to the point of not doing so is a little weird to harp on. Spend one of those 4ths on a Guard, sign one of the RTs that are hitting the markets, and bring in some UDFAs to fight for depth spots and the unit is at the very least average. 

7 hours ago, pwny said:

Like it’d clear that the right side needs to be better, and Cam needs to find sustained success at the level he was, but the idea that the OL is going to kill Trevor and isn’t something that is obviously going to be addressed to the point of not doing so is a little weird to harp on. Spend one of those 4ths on a Guard, sign one of the RTs that are hitting the markets, and bring in some UDFAs to fight for depth spots and the unit is at the very least average. 

I thought the interior was pretty good last year. My only concern on the OL is Jawaan Taylor. He has been very disappointing and he needs to step it up or he will be replaced.