Jaguars 2021 Official Draft Thread - News and Notes

.Buzz

34 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I thought the interior was pretty good last year. My only concern on the OL is Jawaan Taylor. He has been very disappointing and he needs to step it up or he will be replaced. 

I think you have to get another solid *future starter* at Guard. Even if Cann wins out, I don’t think you can trust that all of the guys are going to stay healthy and play well. And the depth has not been good on the OL for years. And I think with Cann’s contract ending after this upcoming season, you want to start grooming a potential replacement for him now, as well. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think you have to get another solid *future starter* at Guard. Even if Cann wins out, I don’t think you can trust that all of the guys are going to stay healthy and play well. And the depth has not been good on the OL for years. And I think with Cann’s contract ending after this upcoming season, you want to start grooming a potential replacement for him now, as well. 

Think that is/was the plan with Bartch. Still have cautious optimism with him as a future piece whether that's a starter or depth. Was very raw in pass pro but had flashes in the run game last year.

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think that is/was the plan with Bartch. Still have cautious optimism with him as a future piece whether that's a starter or depth. Was very raw in pass pro but had flashes in the run game last year.

Bartch and Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms are the only backup IOL currently on the roster. I think you need more than just those two and a bunch of UDFAs. Even if Shatley comes back, I think you need at least one firm investment on the IOL. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Bartch and Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms are the only backup IOL currently on the roster. I think you need more than just those two and a bunch of UDFAs. Even if Shatley comes back, I think you need at least one firm investment on the IOL. 

Yeah I'm not against drafting another mid round OG.

I imagine Shatley will be a priority unless someone wants to give him a starting gig.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I thought you were driving the TEs dont make early impacts bandwagon?

I'm driving the pitts to jags train but yes in general I'm against taking a te round 1 and 2. To me pitts is not just a te. He's a jumbo sized receiver.  I'm still trying to find a good comp for him.  I also view pitts as a generational kind of prospect because u don't get guys that big and fast. 

Pitts I feel like can impact our entire offense especially once we add samuel or another speed guy.  

Pitts is a guy whom I don't know how defenses will defend.  He's to big for corners, too fast for linebackers and too agile for safeties. 

Thought it was definitely something to spark some discussion.