WR Group

Tetsujin

Parker can't keep carrying that group. We need multiple new threats out wide. My prediction is that we make 2  big investments in the WR position this coming offseason: A FA and a 1st round pick. I'm gonna say (dream) Allen Robinson and Jaylen Waddle. Hollins/Callaway would be an OK WR4/WR5 if we have them back next season. Grant should be WR6/RS. Preston Williams will be an odd man out.  He's either injured or dropping passes. Bowden, I don't know.

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Parker can't keep carrying that group. We need multiple new threats out wide. My prediction is that we make 2  big investments in the WR position this coming offseason: A FA and a 1st round pick. I'm gonna say (dream) Allen Robinson and Jaylen Waddle. Hollins/Callaway would be an OK WR4/WR5 if we have them back next season. Grant should be WR6/RS. Preston Williams will be an odd man out.  He's either injured or dropping passes. Bowden, I don't know.

What? Of all the guys we have, Williams is the "odd man out"? He's #3 in receiving yards right  now despite playing in 8 games, and he's tied for first in TD receptions. Keep in mind He busted his foot giving up his body on an outstanding individual effort to score a TD getting flipped over a defender. He leads in average yards per catch at 16.0. Last year, he was 3rd in yards despite only playing again in 8 games. Sure, knock him for being unavailable BUT to say that you'd get rid of our #2 WR, who is on a UDFA  rookie contract, and seemed to have the most chemistry with Tua, and keep everyone else would be unwise. 

I'm fine with adding a weapon to the group for sure. Obviously, we would benefit from an upgrade to the WR group (as we would benefit from an upgrade to any position group). But let's not have a knee-jerk reaction and cut our second best WR in Preston Williams. 

25 minutes ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

What? Of all the guys we have, Williams is the "odd man out"? He's #3 in receiving yards right  now despite playing in 8 games, and he's tied for first in TD receptions. Keep in mind He busted his foot giving up his body on an outstanding individual effort to score a TD getting flipped over a defender. He leads in average yards per catch at 16.0. Last year, he was 3rd in yards despite only playing again in 8 games. Sure, knock him for being unavailable BUT to say that you'd get rid of our #2 WR, who is on a UDFA  rookie contract, and seemed to have the most chemistry with Tua, and keep everyone else would be unwise. 

I'm fine with adding a weapon to the group for sure. Obviously, we would benefit from an upgrade to the WR group (as we would benefit from an upgrade to any position group). But let's not have a knee-jerk reaction and cut our second best WR in Preston Williams. 

Preston should honestly be in the slot. Don't want to get rid of him but we need another perimeter WR for sure

31 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

The fact he's our #2 is not a good thing. We need a speedier WR group.

Sure, more speed on the perimeter would be great. But that doesn't mean we dump Williams. He's only in year 2 of his career as a form UDFA. There's some serious potential there with him, and I think he will develop to be a good #2. If you want to argue for using one of our top picks on a WR, go for it. You want to use some of our cap space to lure in another receiving threat, let's hear it. But, I don't think we can honestly advocate for him being jettisoned off the roster. 

Yeah Williams and Parker are fine but we need a guy who can get separation. Parker and Williams are good 50/50 ball catchers but they just can't get separation consistently and Jakeem Grant is what he is. Gesicki is another high point catcher that can't get separation.

Texans' pick is looking like it'll be in the Jalen Waddle, Devonta Smith, Rondale Moore range. Last year we concentrated on the trenches, this offseason we need to get Tua some weapons. Jamarr Chase would've been a dream tbh. Devonta was actually my favorite receiver out of the big 4 from Bama (Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle and Smith) so I would be stoked if we got him.

Edited by Emerica

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Yeah Williams and Parker are fine but we need a guy who can get separation. Parker and Williams are good 50/50 ball catchers but they just can't get separation consistently and Jakeem Grant is what he is. Gesicki is another high point catcher that can't get separation.

Texans' pick is looking like it'll be in the Jalen Waddle, Devonta Smith, Rondale Moore range. Last year we concentrated on the trenches, this offseason we need to get Tua some weapons. Jamarr Chase would've been a dream tbh. Devonta was actually my favorite receiver out of the big 4 from Bama (Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle and Smith) so I would be stoked if we got him.

I mean we really can't afford to abandon the trenches yet either....

Having said that I really want our two first round picks going to the WR and OL position in the upcoming draft.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:58 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean we really can't afford to abandon the trenches yet either....

Having said that I really want our two first round picks going to the WR and OL position in the upcoming draft.

I'm with you, WR and Center in the 1st rd plz. 

19 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

WR and LB for me (assuming a 1st round caliber LB is there).  But I'm with you guys, in that I would not scream at all if an OL was taken with one of the first 4 picks.

With two 1sts and two 2nd's, a swippy-swap of O-line in 1st to LB in 1st is ok too. I'm thinking WR, O-line, LB and RB will be the first four picks. Only 6 months til the draft, woooo.