WR Group

Tetsujin

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

According to Field Yates on Twitter we re-signed Ford on the P-Squad. 

He won't be there long, given the sorry state of the current WR unit.  Probably just long enough to get through the COVID quarantine.  I will take that free 7th rounder.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Bowden looks to be turning into a keeper at WR going forward.

Bowden Jr's stock definitely went up today vs. KC. Conversely, Grant's stock has fallen. He's giving me "Ginn vibes". I think we need to get him the ball in space on sweeps and screens to best utilize his abilities.

He has all the tools to be a deep threat except for the ability to complete the catch. So, it's frustrating watching him fly down field but not finish the play. 

I think Hollins should also get more snaps. He made a nice diving grab today and made a nice TD catch @ Arizona. He has a great frame to win 50/50 balls. 

Obviously, we need to add weapons in 2021.

Short-term we hopefully get DVP and Gesicki back soon. The way the trainer was stabilizing Gesicki's arm going to the locker room would suggest a serious injury unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

Bowden Jr's stock definitely went up today vs. KC. Conversely, Grant's stock has fallen. He's giving me "Ginn vibes". I think we need to get him the ball in space on sweeps and screens to best utilize his abilities.

He has all the tools to be a deep threat except for the ability to complete the catch. So, it's frustrating watching him fly down field but not finish the play. 

I think Hollins should also get more snaps. He made a nice diving grab today and made a nice TD catch @ Arizona. He has a great frame to win 50/50 balls. 

Short-term we hopefully get DVP and Gesicki back soon. The way the trainer was stabilizing Gesicki's arm going to the locker room would suggest a serious injury unfortunately. 

I'm not holding out any hope of Gesicki coming back this season, sadly.

13 hours ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

1.  Completely agree on Bowden.  That may have been his coming out party.  I expect to see him heavily involved from here on out.  

2.  Completely agree on Grant as well.  Has he even made one of those long catches yet?  He's the ultimate tease and I want no more of it.

3.  Hollins also had at least 1 outright drop and another one that he should have made.  I prefer Ford to him going forward. 

4.  It's clear to the entire world that a WR will be picked, and needs to be picked, with one of the 1st rounders.  If Bowden continues to develop as he has, a room of Parker/1st rounder/Williams/Bowden/Grant/Pick a JAG isn't bad with Gesicki catching passes out of the TE spot. and theoretically a big upgrade at RB  Need some health here, though.  

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not holding out any hope of Gesicki coming back this season, sadly.

Same.  And with Parker's history of slow healing soft-tissure injuries, I'm not banking on him being back until the Raiders game at the earliest.  

21 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

So assuming we draft at 6 from Houston, Ja’marr Chase from LSU? 
I Think there is a good chance he is there.

1. Jacksonville

2. Jets

3. Bengals

4. Panthers

5. Falcons

6. Miami (Houston) 

Well, Jags and Jets are going QB.  I think the Bengals might go WR, but would likely take the top LT given the Burrow injury.  Panthers, no way to know about them. Don't think the Falcons would go WR with Ridley and Julio. Additionally, there could be a trade up for whatever QB is rated #3.  So yeah, Chase could be there.

Don't forget the possibility of Waddle or D Smith from Bama with the second 1st rounder.

1 minute ago, Deadeye said:

Well, Jags and Jets are going QB.  I think the Bengals might go WR, but would likely take the top LT given the Burrow injury.  Panthers, no way to know about them. Don't think the Falcons would go WR with Ridley and Julio. Additionally, there could be a trade up for whatever QB is rated #3.  So yeah, Chase could be there.

Don't forget the possibility of Waddle or D Smith from Bama with the second 1st rounder.

I'd be shocked if the Bengals don't go Sewell, honestly.

Chargers, Falcons, and Cowboys are unlikely to go WR. Eagles, Panthers, Giants, Lions would be the teams that would maybe snipe Chase from us if they get a higher pick.

15 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

At this point, if Ja'Marr Chase is on the board I don't know how we can pass him up. The only other guy who may be on the board probably that might make us think twice would be Micah Parsons.

I think Smith has absolutely put himself in the conversation for WR #1 and squarely in the top 10 picks.  But if I'm being honest, the perfect scenario for me is Parsons at 6 and Waddle at 22. I just don't know if either will be available at those picks.