WR Group

Tetsujin

Here is a list of the most notable WR free agent prospects. Miami does have cap space and very well may sign a veteran free agent, which I prefer to a rb free agent. I can see Miami investing in a FA and drafting a WR. 

Allen Robinson, Chicago Bears
Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay
Juju Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers
Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
AJ Green, Cincinnati Bengals
TY Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
Allen Lazard, Green Bay Packers
Will Fuller, Houston Texans
Marvin Jones Jr., Detroit Lions

While some are not the players they once were some are still better than what we have. 

I am hoping for Robinson or Godwin. (who isnt)

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

He may not even be there with our 2nd 1st round pick.  I expect him to be a monster at the combine and his tape was really impressive.

He could be gone by then but there’s at least 4 safer WRs to pick that may push him down. He’s still got the question marks that come with a short WR. 

11 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

He could be gone by then but there’s at least 4 safer WRs to pick that may push him down. He’s still got the question marks that come with a short WR. 

For sure.  Short and has an injury history.  I easily prefer Waddle/Smith/Chase, as does everyone else.  But Moore is right there with Bateman and Marshall in that 2nd tier.  

I don't think Id be willing to do that a lot of depth at the WR position in the draft, he is heading into the final year of his rookie contract  I believe. Why give up a 2 to have to pay him more, when we could use a 2 to draft a WR on a rookie deal. Now a 3rd... might be worth it.  

15 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Because he's a proven commodity who may end up being a superstar about to enter his prime.

While it isn't the same regime(s) Miami trading early round picks for players hasn't worked out for Miami, 2 2nds Brandon Marshall, 2nd Daunte Culpepper, 2nd for AJ FEELEY!!!!, 2 1sts Ricky Williams, Traded Picks to move up for Dion Jordon. 2nd for Josh Rosen,I am sure there may have been some good decisions... but I just remember the bad beats. I'd rather spend money in Free agency on an Allen Robinson, or Godwin etc who are also proven commodities as well than spend the money and a 2nd round draft pick.