WR Group

Tetsujin

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Have a feeling Miami will grab chase or waddle. Check back in after the draft on this one.

Don't think that's much of a bold statement at this point.

I'm pretty confident that there's a ~99% one of those two or Devonta Smith is a Dolphin next season. I cannot fathom our front office would be so inept to, with two 1sts, not to land one of those three.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm pretty confident that there's a ~99% one of those two or Devonta Smith  is a Dolphin next season. I cannot fathom our front office would be so inept to, with two 1sts, not to land one of those three.

I foresee a team trading up for Sewell if the Jets don’t take him and Miami drafting whichever of the 3 remains, assuming Miami doesn’t drop too far. 

3 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I foresee a team trading up for Sewell if the Jets don’t take him and Miami drafting whichever of the 3 remains, assuming Miami doesn’t drop too far. 

I'm hoping that we'll be able to trade down no matter who falls to #3... even if the Jets draft Sewell, we should be able to land a pretty big bounty, if not a bigger bounty, with a team coveting Justin Fields or Zach Wilson.

We're fortunate to have landed a pick that will guaranteed be a prime QB spot or one of the best generational OT prospects in recent years. If we don't trade down I'll be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm hoping that we'll be able to trade down no matter who falls to #3... even if the Jets draft Sewell, we should be able to land a pretty big bounty, if not a bigger bounty, with a team coveting Justin Fields or Zach Wilson.

We're fortunate to have landed a pick that will guaranteed be a prime QB spot or one of the best generational OT prospects in recent years. If we don't trade down I'll be disappointed.

They may draft Sewell especially If they address wr in free agency. It’s not a huge need but man hard to be upset about Sewell, but like you I’d like to see a bounty of picks and trade down. 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm pretty confident that there's a ~99% one of those two or Devonta Smith is a Dolphin next season. I cannot fathom our front office would be so inept to, with two 1sts, not to land one of those three.

It might be Smith. I'm not as high on Smith as some. I think you go with the physical mismatch. 

I spent quite a bit of time watching tape of both Smith and Chase yesterday (bored at work).  Without a doubt, Smith is the better WR for Tua's skillset IMO.  Not that Chase would be bad, of course.  But Smith gets separation on his first damn step.  His routes are terrific.  His arms are crazy long and he catches everything thrown his way, including contested balls.  He has the long speed you are looking for.  The only ding I can see on him as a pro prospect is his slighter frame.  That's not enough for me to overlook the rest of his insanely good package.  

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I spent quite a bit of time watching tape of both Smith and Chase yesterday (bored at work).  Without a doubt, Smith is the better WR for Tua's skillset IMO.  Not that Chase would be bad, of course.  But Smith gets separation on his first damn step.  His routes are terrific.  His arms are crazy long and he catches everything thrown his way, including contested balls.  He has the long speed you are looking for.  The only ding I can see on him as a pro prospect is his slighter frame.  That's not enough for me to overlook the rest of his insanely good package.  

And then he blows the absolute eff up against ND in the Rose Bowl.  7 for 130 and 3 TDs with a full quarter to play.  He may be the Heisman frontrunner.

Is it too early for bold draft predictions? Nahhh

I predict Chase is going to be the third receiver taken in the draft. Devonta is first WR taken (hopefully to us), some team in the top 10 falls in love with Waddle at the combine and takes him. Chase goes next, late top-10. 

Like I have said previously, Devonta Smith was my favorite of the 4 Bama receivers and I think he'll be the best of the bunch so he is the guy I want with the Texans' pick. I will be banging the drum for him and Najee till draft night.

5 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Is it too early for bold draft predictions? Nahhh

I predict Chase is going to be the third receiver taken in the draft. Devonta is first WR taken (hopefully to us), some team in the top 10 falls in love with Waddle at the combine and takes him. Chase goes next, late top-10. 

Like I have said previously, Devonta Smith was my favorite of the 4 Bama receivers and I think he'll be the best of the bunch so he is the guy I want with the Texans' pick. I will be banging the drum for him and Najee till draft night.

He looked good, but I don’t think you go wrong with any of the 3, Smith, Chase, Waddle, which is why I’m hoping for a trade back and hopefully 1 of them is still available.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...