Jaguars fire GM Dave Caldwell

.Buzz

I just read who the possible coaches candidates are and the QB of the future.

IMO Bienimy would be the front runner. Why, KC and Mahomes success and there offensive scheme which is perfect in today's NFL. Bienimy had a major roll on a Championship team.

What I don't see at this point who's the QB of the future. IMO Wilson would be the pick. He would be perfect in the KC offense.  I don't care what the so call experts think. I would take Wilson over Fields.

Remember how the experts ranked Mahomes.  Ya, hows that small ( lack of competition) schedule working out now.  Many just had him in the top five or not at all.

Bienimy and Wilson and the Jags are off to a great start.

• Like 1

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Bill O'Brien is out there!

Yeah, that train left the station... BoB to Jax would make me feel bad for many posters here, I would help in getting him fired.

My goal is to make sure BoB never gets a job in the NFL - nobody deserves that nonsense.

• Like 2

I know Robert Saleh is linked to Detroit for various reasons, but I'm actually hoping he gets a shot in Jacksonville. The team will be drafting either Fields, Wilson or Lance with the 2nd overall pick and he will get some time there without being pressured to win right away.

Jags should hire Adam Peters at GM and then Saleh can bring Mike McDaniel with him as OC. That would a home run trio for the Jags. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know Robert Saleh is linked to Detroit for various reasons, but I'm actually hoping he gets a shot in Jacksonville. The team will be drafting either Fields, Wilson or Lance with the 2nd overall pick and he will get some time there without being pressured to win right away.

Jags should hire Adam Peters at GM and then Saleh can bring Mike McDaniel with him as OC. That would a home run trio for the Jags. 

Fwiw, Ed Dodds from Indy seemed to only be interested in the CLE job last year if he had HC hire capabilities/they hired Saleh. So they may end up being the pairing as far as GM/HC go if either get hired.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Fwiw, Ed Dodds from Indy seemed to only be interested in the CLE job last year if he had HC hire capabilities/they hired Saleh. So they may end up being the pairing as far as GM/HC go if either get hired.

Is Dodds linked to Jacksonville? That's interesting but I think Shanahan is definitely going to be in Saleh's ears to get hired at a place that he can either choose his GM or go in with someone at the same time. More of a partnership rather than one being above the other like in SF...Even though Shanahan is THE guy. 

So Dodds fits the bill for sure, especially if he has a prior relationship with Saleh. But Peters is good man, he's going to kill it whenever he gets his chance at GM. As good as anyone in the league in finding late round gems or UDFAs. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is Dodds linked to Jacksonville? That's interesting but I think Shanahan is definitely going to be in Saleh's ears to get hired at a place that he can either choose his GM or go in with someone at the same time. More of a partnership rather than one being above the other like in SF...Even though Shanahan is THE guy. 

So Dodds fits the bill for sure, especially if he has a prior relationship with Saleh. But Peters is good man, he's going to kill it whenever he gets his chance at GM. As good as anyone in the league in finding late round gems or UDFAs. 

I don't know their relationship or who we're in on. I just remember Dodds taking himself out of the ring for CLE because he wanted to work with Saleh and they hired Stefanski.

The Jaguars have already said the GM is the first part of this equation though. Whoever they hire will pick the HC.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I don't know their relationship or who we're in on. I just remember Dodds taking himself out of the ring for CLE because he wanted to work with Saleh and they hired Stefanski.

The Jaguars have already said the GM is the first part of this equation though. Whoever they hire will pick the HC.

Boo, that sucks. 

But then again, you can pretty much hire a GM and HC together. Doesn't really matter which one is hired first. Can ask the GM who they want as HC and make it a package deal.