The Official GM Search Thread

.Buzz

11 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I’d want assurance from Urban that if we got the number 1 pick, the pick would still be Lawrence. 

There's just no way he'd go Fields lol. I love Fields as a prospect but Lawrence is on another level.

Don't think his ties to OSU would blind him of that.

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There's just no way he'd go Fields lol. I love Fields as a prospect but Lawrence is on another level.

Don't think his ties to OSU would blind him of that.

I will note that back in June he said the only reason that Lawrence is ahead of Fields is because Lawrence has played an additional season.

https://247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-ranks-QBs-compares-Trevor-Lawrence-Justin-Fields-Clemson-Tigers-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-147847374/ 

Given the consensus even back then that Lawrence is the best prospect since Luck, there’s definitely some OSU blinders there to say that that the only thing that separates them is a year of college experience. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

I will note that back in June he said the only reason that Lawrence is ahead of Fields is because Lawrence has played an additional season.

https://247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-ranks-QBs-compares-Trevor-Lawrence-Justin-Fields-Clemson-Tigers-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-147847374/ 

Given the consensus even back then that Lawrence is the best prospect since Luck, there’s definitely some OSU blinders there to say that that the only thing that separates them is a year of college experience. 

Yeah, I think it's different saying that in the media than if he takes a HC gig and your job is on the line with these guys.

Guess we'll see if we land #1 and Urban, but I don't see him actually passing on TLaw.