The Official GM Search Thread

.Buzz

On 12/23/2020 at 12:38 PM, .Buzz said:

Joe C on 1010 just said he spoke to someone close to Urban this past weekend and he is indeed looking into the move to the NFL...

Just another guy mentioning it. Some things are aligning here...

no thanks on urban......if he cant handle the stress from coaching at 2 big time programs and "retiring" from both i dont think hes a good canidate

6 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤔Do you think the league seeks any retribution if Belicheck somehow throws the last game for the Pats.. and by chance finds his way to Jax’s front office this off season? Just asking for a friend. 😏

Absolutely not. If the Colts got away with starting Curtis Painter to tank for Luck, there’s no way Bill not putting his best foot forward causes any issues. 

Yeah, I've heard there's a chance Stidham gets put in for NE one of the next two weeks. Wouldn't view that as them packing it in (although I'm sure that's what Jets fans will think) but rather just seeing what young players can do.

In a lost season/playoffs being out of reach there's nothing wrong with that, despite it being annoying with the season on the line.

If the Jags win on Sunday and Jets lose out, this coaching hire/the assistants (OC/QB coach) are going to be vital. With Lawrence I think even if we somehow bombed it he'd still likely end up being pretty solid, but the other two guys need competent coaching if we want to truly unlock them (especially Fields). 

Guys like Joe Brady, Jim Caldwell, Eric Bienimy (if he's hired I imagine Shad and co. did plenty of background), Arthur Smith etc. will likely be pretty important. Wink Martindale last year was trying to pair up with Joe Brady, so he would probably be a solid option as he clearly sees the importance of a good offensive mind wherever he lands as well. 

Fwiw

Gotta say guys, this seems like much more than the annual smoke/wishful thinking for Urban. We had Breer link us a couple weeks ago, smoke this past week, now Schefter is putting it out there he plans to decide on if he will and we are going to have a top two pick with TLaw and Fields as options...