The Official GM Search Thread

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Wonder if the Cowher rumor will start up this year. Its been a couple years since it’s been in play. 

It started up two weeks ago when it looked like NYJ was a lock for Lawrence. So we'll see.

Not sure how I feel about a coach who has been out of the game so long but again, I'm big on whoever comes here has to be able to establish a vision/type of football and execute it/bring in those types of players. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

It started up two weeks ago when it looked like NYJ was a lock for Lawrence. So we'll see.

Not sure how I feel about a coach who has been out of the game so long but again, I'm big on whoever comes here has to be able to establish a vision/type of football and execute it/bring in those types of players. 

I can’t imagine he actually comes back to coach. It’s so much more stressful than his current gig and he’s not going to make that much more money. Gruden clearly had the itch to get back in. I don’t see it with Cowher. 

2 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

He’s also wrote this:

Urban as HC
Caldwell as OC
Austin as DC

Austin and Meyer have worked together in the past. As well as Austin and Caldwell. Caldwell would also offer NFL HC experience to help Urban’s transition.

That would be perfect if Caldwell wants back in without needing a HC gig.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That would be perfect if Caldwell wants back in without needing a HC gig.

Yeah this would be a home run for me. One of my reservations with Urban is his lac of NFL experience. If he surrounds himself with seasoned NFL assistants, I’d be over the moon.

Caldwell would be perfect for Trevor and I’m sure Peyton would agree.

13 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Yeah this would be a home run for me. One of my reservations with Urban is his lac of NFL experience. If he surrounds himself with seasoned NFL assistants, I’d be over the moon.

Caldwell would be perfect for Trevor and I’m sure Peyton would agree.

Like I said, I'm game for Caldwell regardless. OC would be great, but the man has won everywhere he's went and former players rave about him as a leader/what he does for a teams culture/environment.

Would he be exciting ala Brady/up and coming coordinator? No. But he'd be a great hire imo.

I think at this stage in game when you have the keys to the number #1 overall pick. This is the time to strike gold.. the time is now if it’s a hire out there that you thought was impossible could very well be possible now.. like a Lincoln Riley not saying him in particular but if it’s a name that you thought was out your stratosphere shoot for it now.. the Jags standing currently doesn’t come around that often. 

7 hours ago, Chops013 said:

He’s also wrote this:

Urban as HC
Caldwell as OC
Austin as DC

Austin and Meyer have worked together in the past. As well as Austin and Caldwell. Caldwell would also offer NFL HC experience to help Urban’s transition.

Im hard pass on Meyer.  Dudes a quitter even if it was cuz health but he did that twice. Much Rather have caldwell as the HC at that point