Deangelo Williams

LoganF89

saw he was throwing some shade on the cowboys on twitter and it got me thinking. If kelly goes down again to injury, why not give him a shot? I would love to see Mack Brown get some carries but it doesnt look like they will do it. I think Perine should split carries instead of taking them all if kelly goes down. Deangelo can still play and proved that when he was with the steelers last year. Its worth at least a try out with all the injuries going on lately

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

No.

REALLY! and you feel like the redskins are ok with Perine ? I'm totally fine with Kelly but lets not act like our running backs are amazing other than Thompson who's just a third down back.

We should look into Williams he has produced numbers every year and honestly could over take Kelly spot .

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

saw he was throwing some shade on the cowboys on twitter and it got me thinking. If kelly goes down again to injury, why not give him a shot? I would love to see Mack Brown get some carries but it doesnt look like they will do it. I think Perine should split carries instead of taking them all if kelly goes down. Deangelo can still play and proved that when he was with the steelers last year. Its worth at least a try out with all the injuries going on lately

We should....I told a lot of people on here we should of signed Blount due to his amazing touchdown ratio last season and people didn't wanna do it because he's 32. Football is evolving as humans are as well...many 40 year olds still look 20 now days or late 20s and with the nutrients and music as well as the weather changes ..humanity is adapting to youth even longer ,

Heck Brady 40 and still throwing 3 td's a game ! no QB at that age has done that and Brees is still looking like he is 21.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Ya I don't get all the negativity.  He was a pretty solid rb.  Now does he have anything left?  Idk.  Would I sign him if our guys are healthy? No.

But if one goes down? I would not be averse to giving him a mid-season contract. Certainly worse options out there.

Only thing I wonder about: is he in shape? Rotoworld has zero news on him since July 12.

He should already be on the team tbh. I get not wanting to sign a guy like him before the season when we have 4 young backs we like or really 5 when you include Keith Marshall before his injury but given the inconsistency in the running game and all the yards Kelly and Perine are leaving on the field it’s a move we should make.

No doubt in my mind that if DWill was on our team that we would have beaten the Eagles because on some of Kelley’s runs he frankly missed holes or was slow to get to holes that Williams wouldn’t have missed. The same can be said in the Oakland and Chiefs games. 

He also would have rushed for more yards than Kelley & Perine combined against the Rams also and that was by far those two’s best game.

Robert Kelley is not the Long term answer for the Redskins at RB, and it’s past time that Gruden gets it out of his head that he could be. I’m not even convinced he’s the best option to be starting if he’s 100% but Gruden keeps forcing Kelley as the starter. If Perine isn’t ready to be the starter we really need to start Brown or give Thompson more touches and Kelley less.

On 10/14/2017 at 5:24 AM, turtle28 said:

Robert Kelley is not the Long term answer for the Redskins at RB, and it’s past time that Gruden gets it out of his head that he could be.

To be fair, neither is DeAngelo Williams.

8 hours ago, Woz said:

To be fair, neither is DeAngelo Williams.

Well I never said Williams would be, he would just be better than what we have and could help teach Perine some things, just like AD could of. Look at what AD did today for the cardinals? That could have been us!

My point about Kelley is more that I think Gruden thinks of him. I get this impression that Gruden is sold on him as a feature back, and he should be.

If Perine doesn’t show more than what he has the second half of the year we should thinking about drafting a running back who has the capability of being a 3 down back in round 2 or 3.

He's 34. He wasn't good last year, behind a line that made Bell the best running back in football. There's no reason to give him more money to produce at the same rate, if not worse, than a rookie or younger player would.

Stop trying to sign old players that were once good. Concentrate on now and the future.

Archived