2021 Mock Drafts

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve actually been intrigued by the prospect of Wade falling into the second round as well. If he does, I think the smart play would be to convert him into a safety. I’m not incredibly impressed with this safety class, so Wade’s skillset to be physical, provide some nickel ability, while also being as twitchy, explosive, and instinctual as he has shown he can be... I’d be intrigued to see what he looks like in deep coverage.

I think there’s some comparison with him to former Ohio State All American CORNER, turned NFL safety Malcolm Jenkins. We’re in desperate need of a legit safety that can play cover 1 and be a playmaker deep and I think Wade has the potential to provide that kind of ability. I’m not a fan of how he’s looked at outside corner though, he’s consistently not shown an ability to hang against NFL talent IMO.

Another player he compares to was how Alabama utilizes Minkah Fitzpatrick, only without the same cover 1 showings. While it stands to reason he has that he could have that skillset, it’s not a given. If he falls, I really like him as a safety convert option.

I could definitely see him playing the Minkah Fitz role. Another thing I was going to add is that his addition, barring injury, would probably force Iman Marshall to playing safety if he wants to have a future with the team. 

• Like 1

My attempt at an early mock

28. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

60. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 

131. Ar'Darius Washington, S, TCU (as a full time slot defender)

166. Austin Watkins, WR, UAB 

207. Tarron Jackson, EDGE, Coastal Carolina (know nothing about him, but the description on TDN makes him sound like a McPhee/ZaDarius Smith sort of prospect)

212. Josh Ball, OT, Marshall

14 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Take it you like Zaven at SAM for us?

Getting both TCU safeties would be a pretty interesting draft scenario. IIRC Jason Phillips is the last TCU player we took. Maybe it's time we show the horned frogs(My favorite college logo) some more love.

Not @drd23 but I like Zaven a lot as a SAM, almost as a Judon swap out.

3 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

If we keep Wink, while losing Judon and Bowser, we're definitely going to need to draft someone to fill the role. Cause it'd be a waste to drop Yannick into coverage and a disaster to drop Ferg into coverage. And I doubt Wink would just scrub that element from his plays.

14 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

If we keep Wink, while losing Judon and Bowser, we're definitely going to need to draft someone to fill the role. Cause it'd be a waste to drop Yannick into coverage and a disaster to drop Ferg into coverage. And I doubt Wink would just scrub that element from his plays.

I'm guessing we re-up Bowser. With the likely cap reduction, I think it makes sense for him to sign something like a $20M/2 year deal to stick around and hit the market again at 27. That said, Wink has shown that he really likes having two SAMs. I think we bring back YN on a 5 or 6 year deal, McPhee on a one, and Ferguson continuing on his rookie deal. Thinking Ward isn't available again on the cheap as the remainder of the NFL realizes the error of their ways (we take solace in a ~6th round comp pick). 

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I was thinking more of a bigger, tougher Bowser, but given Tyus and Judon basically play the same role now your explanation fits better 

Also I just realised I ended up with 2 of the same players you did 

• Like 1

If anyone wants a different mock drafting simulator to play around with, I found this one that even allows you to make trades (and the CPU will propose trades to you).  I can't say I can evaluate how good their big board is though because I don't really have a grip on that many prospects yet

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

As an example, this is what I got:

Pick 28 - traded to PIT for #34 and 2022 4th
Pick 34 - traded along with 186 (which I assume is our 6th) to PHI for #37 and 2022 3rd

Pick 37 - Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
Pick 59 - traded along with 153 (our 5th) to CLE for #60 and #123
Pick 60 - Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
Pick 123 - Shaun Wade, DB, OSU
Pick 125 - Shaka Toney, EDGE, Penn State

35 minutes ago, drd23 said:

If anyone wants a different mock drafting simulator to play around with, I found this one that even allows you to make trades (and the CPU will propose trades to you).  I can't say I can evaluate how good their big board is though because I don't really have a grip on that many prospects yet

As an example, this is what I got:

Pick 28 - traded to PIT for #34 and 2022 4th
Pick 34 - traded along with 186 (which I assume is our 6th) to PHI for #37 and 2022 3rd

Pick 37 - Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
Pick 59 - traded along with 153 (our 5th) to CLE for #60 and #123
Pick 60 - Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
Pick 123 - Shaun Wade, DB, OSU
Pick 125 - Shaka Toney, EDGE, Penn State

Yeah PFN is one of the ones I used to use, I linked it in the OP via hyperlink.

I like their trade machine as well, though I feel it’s sort of too random. Like if another team doesn’t approach you via trade, I find you don’t know who’s a good trade target to trade down. Don’t particularly like their prospect rankings either. But they definitely have a very fluid website. Not too bulking to the CPU.

I think the best one I’ve found since they also allow trades but I like their board better.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2021/user-mock-170653

The trade component is by far the best of the ones I’ve tried as it tells you how close you are to making a deal.

Though, there machine is a little... heavy. I think the code is probably too bulky and that slows down its performance on my phone. Works great on my iPad though.

As of right now I’m really digging PFF’s Draft Machine as well. Also allows trades. Their prospect rankings differ from the consensus some however as it’s influenced by their grades. I think they have the 2nd best trade component behind the Mock Draft Database. They only allow you like 5 trade offers while on the clock, which adds a little intrigue to it, like you’re an actual team that has limited time on the clock. Pretty cool.

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

So you might like these ones as well since you’re getting into mock draft season.

Edited by diamondbull424
18 hours ago, drd23 said:

Upon further review, after you pimped them, I went and tried out their machine again; I find their prospect rankings are definitely better than when I was using them a couple months back. Much closer to how I find these prospects based on my observations. Far more realistic mock experience now.