2021 Mock Drafts

diamondbull424

First go at PFN's MDM 😅-

Obviously I made a bunch of trades, hence the the 11 player strong draft class. Almost had two more picks in that 4th Round too, but I tried to give the Panthers our 6th instead of our 5th and they weren't about it. I hit OL very hard early and got us an early round prospect for each spot. Haven't personally scouted AVT, but I hear he's a good swing player who we could obviously make use of. Walker Little seems like a good get even if OBJ does play for us in 2021, he could slide ride into a starting role in 2022. Then nabbing Meinerz was a must who could vanquish the pain of us being forced to let another small school center in Ryan Jensen go.  Couldn't resist Tremble for our coveted TE4 spot at Pick #107, so I pulled the trigger there. I love Payton Turner out of Houston, so getting him was cool. Inside/Outside rusher with historic length and a growing toolbox at the position. Clearly we lost out on the big name WRs early, so in classic Ravens fashion I scraped the middle round barrel. Choose two major Boom or Bust type selections. Darden is a little lightning bolt from a small school who dropped crazy numbers in his final season. While Terry is the opposite, big H/W/S deep threat who burst on the scene at FSU only to leave mid season his final year under weird circumstances. 😆 I actually really liked pulling those two, such an interesting pairing. We want to see what our new Receiver Coaches are made of? Well here's two of the draft's biggest question marks at WR- get to work. Getting the two Safeties out of Pitt was interesting. I've seen some splash plays from Hamlin and I know some are very high on Ford as well. Rumph II had good numbers at Duke, but I hear he's too undersized to make it work at the NFL level. And I don't know anything about Brandan Jaimes, just picked some more Tackle depth to close out the draft.

Actually feel pretty good about my first run through. I know our fans would HATE it though lol. EDC & Harbaugh said OL is a priority and I agree. Here's a gift Lamar, protection. I don't use it, but you'll need it if we want to rip a ring in the coming years. 👍

27. Alijah Vera-Tucker OT USC

78. Walker Little OT Stanford

90. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

107. Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame

136. Payton Turner EDGE Houston

169. Jaelon Darden WR North Texas

172. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State

176. Damar Hamlin S Pitt

184. Paris Ford S Pitt

211. Chris Rumph II EDGE Duke

249. Brendan Jaimes OT Nebraska

• Like 1

Decided to see what I could do with the potential 1st Round OBJ pick and boy did I turn in a doozy. (If you want to try the same just select the Chargers & Ravens for the draft, then as the Chargers trade the 13th Overall Pick for the Ravens' 2022 7th Round Pick and just operate as if the Ravens are down their starting RT).

Check it out-

*Note: For some reason it didn't let me make our 7th Round Pick, I might've accidently traded our 2021 7th instead of our 2022- So watch out for that yourselves. Still had to share this draft though because it's so awesome. 🙂

Vikings trade Pick 14 + Pick 90 to Ravens for Pick 13

Giants trade Pick 22 + Pick 42 to Ravens for Pick 14 + 2022 3rd Round Pick

1st Round Pick 22. Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota - Secured two trade downs from Pick #13 and still got our guy at Pick #22. Bateman is an immediate boost to our offense and possesses a near bust proof profile as a prospect. So he's perfect for us. 

Bengals trade Pick Pick 38 + Pick 69 to Ravens for Pick 27

Jaguars trade Pick 45 + Pick 65 to Ravens for Pick 38 + Pick 104

2nd Round Pick 42. Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU - First of our now three 2nd Round Picks, why not finish off the WR position? Terrace Marshall is a great get at Pick #42. Next up from the LSU pipeline, Marshall brings 5 Star recruit pedigree and an underrated game. Lamar goes from Miles Boykin & Willie Snead to Rashod Bateman and Terrace Marshall. 

2nd Round Pick 45. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma - Didn't want to risk it and just picked Creed Humphrey right here. Polished high end college center that immediately solidifies the position for us going forward. 

2nd Round Pick 58. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame- Eichenberg is a highly rated and highly experienced Tackle who has started at both LT & RT for Notre Dame. We bookend Ronnie Stanley with another of the Fighting Irish OL factory.

3rd Round Pick 65. Brevin Jordan TE Miami (FL)- I really like Brevin Jordan for us and this offense. He can step right into Hayden Hurst's old role, but opposite of Hurst, he'd do so as one of the youngest players in the entire draft. He turns 21 in July. All around talent with upside that will easily surpass his Pick #65 status.

3rd Round Pick 69. Alim McNeill DT North Carolina State- Alim is a Top 5 DI in the class, and many consider him the top NT in the draft. Like Brandon Williams and Michael Pierce, McNeill has athleticism beyond what his dimensions would suggest. So our FO taking an interest wouldn't be a surprise. Especially as Brandon Williams' career with the Ravens nears it's end. We nab a long term replacement in the 3rd.

3rd Round Pick 90. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL)- As Raven-ey as a prospect could be. This hometown pass rusher went from Temple to Miami and should be a hot target for our FO. Educated hands, natural pass rush instincts, and enough athletic ability to make it all work. Would be a year one pass rush weapon for our likely depleted EDGE core. A strong scheme fit for us as well. Don't sleep on his versatily.

4th Round Pick 131. Shaun Wade S/CB Ohio State- Probably moving to Safety at the next level. Could play in our big nickel package too. Kind of hits two positions here with his potential backend versatility.

5th Round Pick 169. Drake Jackson OC Kentucky - Thought about getting another pass rusher here, but none of them jumped out at me and Jackson gives us one more IOL option. Could be Humphrey's long term backup.

6th Round Pick 184. Jaylon Moore OT Western Michigan - Similar pick to the Drake Jackson one. We need Tackle depth beyond replacing OBJ and Moore is a solid option this late. Really impressed during Senior Bowl week.

6th Round Pick 211. Tre Brown CB Oklahoma- Feisty and experienced speedster who could transition to NCB. Good fit for our scheme and he might have a bright future on STs.

Here's the actual final layout from the mock so you guys don't think I created this one out of thin air 🤣-

Spoiler
team logo
team logo
  • BAL
    Rashod Bateman
    WR Minnesota
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Liam Eichenberg
    OT Notre Dame

• BAL
    Brevin Jordan
    TE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Alim McNeill
    DT North Carolina State
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Quincy Roche
    EDGE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • BAL
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State

• BAL
    Drake Jackson
    OC Kentucky

• BAL
    Jaylon Moore
    OT Western Michigan

• BAL
    Tre Brown
    CB Oklahoma

pfn-logo-black

• Like 4

15 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Decided to see what I could do with the potential 1st Round OBJ pick and boy did I turn in a doozy.

Yeah best mock creation I’ve ever seen. I really liked my mock from the previous page and felt it was only missing a WR, but this successfully craps on that one. At this point no other mock creation really matters. 😆 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah best mock creation I’ve ever seen. I really liked my mock from the previous page and felt it was only missing a WR, but this successfully craps on that one. At this point no other mock creation really matters. 😆 

The trades and value picks just kept falling into my lap. I'm seriously considering not doing another mock this draft season..... Just gonna let that one linger in the universe and hope it wills something for us come draft day lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

The trades and value picks just kept falling into my lap. I'm seriously considering not doing another mock this draft season..... Just gonna let that one linger in the universe and hope it wills something for us come draft day lol.

Yeah I’m not going to lie. Your first mock atop the page, I wasn’t particularly a fan of. But the second one... I honestly haven’t even been able to do a mock because I haven’t been able to compete. 😂

Tbf I’ve been doing my Giants trade proposal option, but I’m never in a position where teams are looking to trade up and thus offering trades typically have to be too even to actually win the deal and make it worthy of trading down. Plus their trade chart doesn’t allow you to see how close you are to making a deal so it’s a bit more guesswork (compared to nflmockdraftdatabase).

Either way, even the only flaw in the mock- which is not getting one of my favorite single high safeties... still gives you a guy who could conceivably develop into one in Shaun Wade. So it’s really no holes. Outside of trying mocks with another database, I’d probably just leave it at that. Why chase perfection when you’ve already knocked on its door? For me part, I’ll continue to try and find that door.

Though if you try again, I’d probably wait until after the actual Brown Jr deal... as for all we know EDC rips some team a new one and gets Tunsil level value and just imagine how fun it would be to build a mock from such an OP scenario.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

For me part, I’ll continue to try and find that door.

Exactly, everyone in the forum should just try to hit their own 'Mic Drop' Mock. Then hopefully EDC collects all of the positive energy from them in the universe and just Spirit Bombs the 2021 Draft.

Image result for spirit bomb gif

• Like 2

IDK if this beats the last one DK posted, but I think my first pick might just mean mine trumps it ;)

(Using the same trick DK used of controlling both LAC and BAL to force through a potential OBJ for #13 overall trade)

Pick 13 (via LAC) - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

• Self explanatory pick really.

Pick 27 - Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State 

• Powerful RT who I think could do a good job of replacing Orlando Brown Jr.  Played well in big games in 2020, including against likely first round pick Joseph Ossai of Texas.  The below video is a cut-up of 5 plays by Brandon Thorn showing what he can do

Pick 58 (+ 2022 4th) traded to KC for 63 & 94 (Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee)

Pick 63 - Landon Dickerson, OC, Alabama

• Creed Humphrey was gone, so I selected the next best thing.  Not as mobile as I'd like given the scheme Roman runs, but he's super smart and a great leader, and he was a unanimous 1st Team All-American last season for a reason 

Pick 94 (via KC) - Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington

• This pick came down to 3 guys - Tryon, Quincy Roche and Quinn Meinerz.  I chose to address EDGE here given its probably the last major need not addressed in the mock so far.  Opinions seem to be mixed on him (he'll appear in mocks anywhere from the late 1st to the late 3rd), but I have Tryon over Roche because of his size and athleticism, and the fact that he is younger.  I definitely agree that Roche does seem very "Ravens-y" as DK put it though.

Pick 104 (+211) traded to NYJ for 107 + 188 (Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa)
Pick 107  traded to HOU for 109 + 203 (Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston)

Pick 109 (via HOU) - Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State

• We all know EDC will almost always take a CB in a draft, so I chose one here.  I can't say I've looked into the position too much, but he's a long press corner who seems to have really improved his draft stock over the 2020 season

Pick 131 - James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati

• A safety with good range and instincts, his stock is probably only this low because he missed all of 2019 with an ACL tear.  In 2020 he was good enough to be a 2nd Team All-American according to AP, while Dane Brugler of The Athletic thinks he's a late 1st round talent.  I think he'd be a great fit next to Chuck Clark

Pick 169 - Darius Stills, DT, WVU

• An undersized 3-tech who has performed quite well for the Mountineers (he's twice been 1st team All-Big 12, and was a 1st team All-American this year), I think he'd be a great rotational pass rusher on the inside next to Madubuike in the near future

Oh, and here he is making a ridiculous INT

Pick 184 - Quintin Morris, TE, Bowling Green

• An athletic TE from a small school, I figure he's worth a flyer in the 6th round to be the #3 TE.  Judging by his Senior Bowl practices, he seems like a good route runner, but I'm not sure about his hands

Pick 188 (via NYJ) - Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue

• Barnes is a versatile, if somewhat undersized, LB who has played both as an EDGE rusher and an off-ball LB.  At the very least he could take the roster spot from a guy like Chris Board as a special teamer/back-up ILB, but could also potentially push a guy like Harrison for playing time.

Pick 203 (via HOU) - Tommy Doyle, OT, Miami(OH)

• A small school OT who it sounds like is probably going under the radar among the draftnik community, Doyle plays mean and has put together some good tape.  I'd think he'd make a good developmental OT who could potentially be the swing tackle some day

And a screenshot from PFN's mock draft mostly to prove that D Smith was actually available at 13:
Spoiler
mock16-2.pngyay.png

• Like 4

Great mock DRD. 👍  Should that OBJ trade go through, I'm loving the Top WR and Tackle available combo scenario in the 1st too. I got a good offer to kick down in mine, but hitting those two positions in the 1st is a realistic and likely outcome. 

24 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Pick 94 (via KC) - Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington

• This pick came down to 3 guys - Tryon, Quincy Roche and Quinn Meinerz.  I chose to address EDGE here given its probably the last major need not addressed in the mock so far. 

That 90 range pick was a dilemma for me as well, it's a drop off point for a lot of the top talent at key positions for us.

Doing these full mocks is a fun way to familiarize yourself with a ton prospects quickly and you get a real taste for the some of the insanely tough decisions FOs around the league actually have to make. We're just jerkoff fans. These dudes get fired for real if they F up 😂.

I'm definitely more motivated this year to get a solid grip on as many prospects as possible. I want to have a grasp on every player we end up picking. I got caught lacking last draft with Tyre Phillips and Broderick Washington. And these Mocks have me weirdly more attached to the class than I previously was. Already having fun and draft season is just starting.

For other potential mockers-

Pro Tip 1: I've seen Kyle Pitts last until the early 20s for those who want to really game the system lol.

Pro Tip 2: Twitter Search, especially by Video, is your friend. Quick way to get some important tidbits on later round guys you aren't familiar with and in most cases cool highlights of them as well. 

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

Pick 13 (via LAC) - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

• Self explanatory pick really.

Pick 27 - Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State 

• Powerful RT who I think could do a good job of replacing Orlando Brown Jr.  Played well in big games in 2020, including against likely first round pick Joseph Ossai of Texas.  The below video is a cut-up of 5 plays by Brandon Thorn showing what he can do

Elite 1st round. Love Darius Stills, think he’ll be a steal of the draft level player wherever he goes. Not having a combine really hurt a player like him who would’ve likely blown it away with his strength and athleticism.

Have to familiarize myself with some of the other guys like Wiggins. Haven’t watched him play to determine my enthusiasm for the pick.

Pretty sure most here know I’m not a fan of Landon Dickerson. Maybe he ends up a stud, but I’ve just seen too many balance issues on his tape. I personally probably wouldn’t take him before the early 4th (which he would never fall to, but still).

Beyond that, this is a very excellent mock as well. I haven’t watched Tryon enough either. I turned his tape on, but he didn’t immediately standout. But tbf I’m not sure any rusher in that range really jumps off the tape. That’s probably about as good as we can hope for there.

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Exactly, everyone in the forum should just try to hit their own 'Mic Drop' Mock. Then hopefully EDC collects all of the positive energy from them in the universe and just Spirit Bombs the 2021 Draft.

Image result for spirit bomb gif

Indeed. I always love a good anime reference. I’ve been trying to unlock my Bankai.

ichigo GIF