Week 12 Post Game: We won, so nobody cares

Norm

As it turns out, Trubs didn’t run amok tonight - he didn’t have to.  The short underneath stuff was there all night again.  And outside of a few fun blitz plays, he wasn’t really pressured all that much.  We got some nice turnovers, so we got that going for us.

I honestly thought da bares would be far more formidable on defense, but frankly, they were unimpressive.  That, or our offense was just that good.  Prolly both.

I really think GB is probably a top 3 team in the NFC, but that doesn’t mean much this year.  The AFC is top heavy with solid teams so unless our defense finishes strong, this may not be our year anyways. I’ll be happy to go as deep as we can though.  I mean, why not?

Still have no real confidence in the defense but the offense has answered any questions about how well they can compete vs good defenses. That game against the Bucs had me worried for a second but they looked dominant against the Colts and now the Bears defenses

we know the formula with this team. Offense gotta be clicking with Rodgers playing at his best and hope the defense can get a turnover or 2 and a few key stops. It's feasible in a 3-4 game sample

Edited by deltarich87

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

As it turns out, Trubs didn’t run amok tonight - he didn’t have to.  The short underneath stuff was there all night again.  And outside of a few fun blitz plays, he wasn’t really pressured all that much.  We got some nice turnovers, so we got that going for us.

I honestly thought da bares would be far more formidable on defense, but frankly, they were unimpressive.  That, or our offense was just that good.  Prolly both.

I really think GB is probably a top 3 team in the NFC, but that doesn’t mean much this year.  The AFC is top heavy with solid teams so unless our defense finishes strong, this may not be our year anyways. I’ll be happy to go as deep as we can though.  I mean, why not?

We came to play, which is the statement we needed to make after letting one get away last week. Not sure if we can get the 1 seed but it’s in play.

Our D was not perfect but look at scores around the league. D has been down in general in the modern game. If we can get turnovers and make timely stops, that’s about the best you can ask for.

Now am I satisfied with it? No, but 41-10 at the end of the 3rd is not the game I’m going to be sore about. 

Let’s take this thing to the end of the line, wherever that may be. 

Also, LaFleur is good. Still has his issues of course, but you can say that about every HC. Still don't think this WR/TE group is overly impressive and yet this offense is one of the best in the NFL and Rodgers is playing his best football since 2011

Hopefully Lafleur is also good at picking DC's

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Refugee said:

We came to play, which is the statement we needed to make after letting one get away last week. Not sure if we can get the 1 seed but it’s in play.

Our D was not perfect but look at scores around the league. D has been down in general in the modern game. If we can get turnovers and make timely stops, that’s about the best you can ask for.

Now am I satisfied with it? No, but 41-10 at the end of the 3rd is not the game I’m going to be sore about. 

Let’s take this thing to the end of the line, wherever that may be. 

Agree, but, two points: our defense will not always get several turnovers every game and it won’t always play Trubisky-esque QB’s, especially not in the playoffs.

What chaps my taint is GB’s defense doesn’t need to make it so hard on itself (which everyone here has been saying ad nausem).  It has the potential to be much more efficient - even against good to great QB’s.