Jets IDL earn 3 of the top 25 spots for PFF

rdelaney89

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Q is for sure a great player. But not to be Debbie Downer... but all this does is show me that we don’t need him and wasted the 3rd pick in the draft. We have 2 guys on this list that were drafted in the 6th Round and a guy we claimed off waivers.

Yeah that pick needed to be traded down. Mac just was a horrible GM and the rumor was the guy couldn’t make a decision to save his life. Is what it is, he’s a Jet, he’s on a rookie contract and when it’s over he’ll either be a stud we want to build around or a really solid trade chip. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah that pick needed to be traded down. Mac just was a horrible GM and the rumor was the guy couldn’t make a decision to save his life. Is what it is, he’s a Jet, he’s on a rookie contract and when it’s over he’ll either be a stud we want to build around or a really solid trade chip. 

I think we did try to trade down but there was no takers so he took best player on the board. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think we did try to trade down but there was no takers so he took best player on the board. 

I heard rumors that he had offers and couldnt make a decision, also not being the only time this occurred. He had zero business being a GM.

29 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I heard rumors that he had offers and couldnt make a decision, also not being the only time this occurred. He had zero business being a GM.

I agree he sucked as a GM but during the draft there was a lot of reports that the Jets where not getting any serious offers. He did not want to get low balled so he took Q. I don't believe that rumor stuff after the draft. I think people for get between what GM's are thinking and what was offered. 

Fats number one against the rush. Our new Snacks. Before anyone questions Q because of offensive vs defensive bias, Q gets penetration. JFM and Fats less so. So NO, getting a 6th round pick to play as well as Q in only his 2nd year is just plain silly.  You guys really need to let go of the “we should have done this or that” crap with him. We have a good FB player that will, hopefully, be with us a while. 

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Q is for sure a great player. But not to be Debbie Downer... but all this does is show me that we don’t need him and wasted the 3rd pick in the draft. We have 2 guys on this list that were drafted in the 6th Round and a guy we claimed off waivers.

Sure, but it doesn't matter now. Q is a Jet and he is one of our ascending players. Hopefully he keeps on working hard and turns into one of those elite disruptors. 

6 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Sure, but it doesn't matter now. Q is a Jet and he is one of our ascending players. Hopefully he keeps on working hard and turns into one of those elite disruptors. 

100% agree. And I hope he becomes one of the best IDLineman in the league since he's in our jersey. MY point was merely that given our roster he was going to have to be Aaron Donald type good for me to ever think he was a good pick. Which obviously the odds were stacked against him to ever become that. So while he's been great. He isn't producing like Donald. So IMO it was still a bad pick.

That being said... he still can become that good

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

100% agree. And I hope he becomes one of the best IDLineman in the league since he's in our jersey. MY point was merely that given our roster he was going to have to be Aaron Donald type good for me to ever think he was a good pick. Which obviously the odds were stacked against him to ever become that. So while he's been great. He isn't producing like Donald. So IMO it was still a bad pick.

That being said... he still can become that good

And that is why we might be going 0-16, this is a direct result of years of bad drafting by Maccagan.  And the hiring of Adam Gase instead of hiring a competent HC.