Packers sign Tavon Wesley Austin (Pocket Rocket)

incognito_man

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I'll never forget in my life that time they stuck him at rb at wvu and he just casually runs got like 300 yards lol. 

The NFL is better suited nowadays for his type of game since it’s more like CFB than ever before.  I feel like Desmond Howard, David Palmer and Peter Warrick would’ve excelled in this era. The question is what does he have left in the tank?

Just now, thrILL! said:

The NFL is better suited nowadays for his type of game since it’s more like CFB than ever before.  I feel like Desmond Howard, David Palmer and Peter Warrick would’ve excelled in this era. The question is what does he have left in the tank?

Peter warrick man....

Don't even get me started.. One of my favorite college players ever, came up a few years and the guy just Googles his ncaa stats and was like yeah you're dumb. But he didn't see that dude play. 

But yes, totally on your side here

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Actually.....the question is how "secure" a PR/KR was he?

In replacing Shepard, we dont need blazer IMO. We need somebody we know wont screw things up and put our defense behind a short field eight ball.  Anything he can give us yardage-wise is a bonus IMO.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually.....the question is how "secure" a PR/KR was he?

In replacing Shepard, we dont need blazer IMO. We need somebody we know wont screw things up and put our defense behind a short field eight ball.
Anything he can give us yardage-wise is a bonus IMO.

I'm not saying he can't muff a kick, anyone can but he's got a ton of experience there between college and pros. Shouldn't be a worry, especially compared to Shep 

Edit: NFL just fumble numbers kinda high though

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Peter warrick man....

Don't even get me started.. One of my favorite college players ever, came up a few years and the guy just Googles his ncaa stats and was like yeah you're dumb. But he didn't see that dude play. 

But yes, totally on your side here

Context is such an underappreciated aspect of discussing players. You’re absolutely right. Anyone can look up his stats but unless you saw him carve up teams like he did to Michael Vick’s VA Tech team for the Natty, it’s hard to take ppl’s takes seriously in situations like this. Warrick was incredible.  

• Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

Context is such an underappreciated aspect of discussing players. You’re absolutely right. Anyone can look up his stats but unless you saw him carve up teams like he did to Michael Vick’s VA Tech team for the Natty, it’s hard to take ppl’s takes seriously in situations like this. Warrick was incredible.  

His total stats surprised me, it felt like every game he played that I saw he did something to take it over. He was special. Wrong era for sure, too old and traditional and stubborn back then, he might have had some injuries at Cincy though I don't even remember. That was a ******* time ago already

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not saying he can't muff a kick, anyone can but he's got a ton of experience there between college and pros. Shouldn't be a worry, especially compared to Shep.  Edit: NFL just fumble numbers kinda high though

Anybody can muff a play/kick. I was more interested is what has Austin done previously. Hopefully, we're switching to a more reliable returner.

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He has 22 career fumbles. So maybe not his best attribute.

Damn. So much for the "put away the Xanax" idea. 

22 fumbles in seven years? Damn.
Applying the glass half full theory................
21 fumbles were in his first 5 years (75games).
1 in the last two (21 games).

Maybe he figured something out? One can hope.

• Like 1