Packers sign Tavon Wesley Austin (Pocket Rocket)

incognito_man

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Are there odds anywhere for Tavon Austin SB MVP? I might take a flier. Desmond Howard style.

Even the theoretical long odds you get on this would be so under-market that you should probably wait until the actual SB to make the bet and just bet the packers each week in the playoffs in the meantime.

Odds Tavon Austin even makes it to a theoretical SB at this point seem super slim.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The Packers Wire -   Packers releasing WR/KR Darrius Shepherd

Don’t want to bury a guy, but it feels like GB gave him many chances to be successful... it had to happen.

If you are just a ST guy you need to be great at it. At least Austin might fill the Ervin spot on offense while doing KR/PR. More bang for their roster spot buck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don’t like to see a guy lose his job, but this needed to happen.

couldn't agree more. He had his chances and hit a ceiling. He'll probably go on to star in the XFL, however...

2 minutes ago, berndt_toast said:

Too bad we cannot do a double Jet Sweep motion once Swervin Ervin is healthy (Illegal Motion penalty). Would be pretty cool to see both of them sprinting past eachother and watching defenses figure out which way to cover.

that'd be fun...

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

there are people at work i would like to see lose their jobs

....go on....

6 minutes ago, berndt_toast said:

Too bad we cannot do a double Jet Sweep motion once Swervin Ervin is healthy (Illegal Motion penalty). Would be pretty cool to see both of them sprinting past eachother and watching defenses figure out which way to cover.

You could have one motion across, and the other one in the hback spot and hit that underneath pitch action thats been so hot. Not quite the same but still

• Like 1

In any event, I think this may be Austin's best landing spot because his role will showcase his abilities better than where he's been. He'll be a great spark plug to the offense and hopefully next year, when we have a new DC(crossed fingers) and an IDL worth a Scheidt he can be that gadget player that wins us a few close games.