Steeler game moved to Monday 12/7.

ARTMONK HOF

Steelers-Washington game moved to Monday in Week 13

Posted by Josh Alper on November 30, 2020, 5:54 PM EST

The NFL has pushed the Week 12 game between the Ravens and Steelers back for a third time and the move to Wednesday will reportedly impact the Steelers in Week 13 as well.

They are set to play the Washington Football Team at home on Sunday, December 6 at 1 p.m. ET. Playing on Wednesday would leave little time to prepare for that game and the league is reportedly pushing the game back a day.

Though it was patently obvious that this was going to happen once they pushed back the PIT-BAL game, it’s still nice to see that the NFL is willing to officially inconvenience even more teams in order to accommodate the Ravens’ inability to keep their house clean.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Though it was patently obvious that this was going to happen once they pushed back the PIT-BAL game, it’s still nice to see that the NFL is willing to officially inconvenience even more teams in order to accommodate the Ravens’ inability to keep their house clean.

It’s really absurd. The Ravens should’ve had to do what the Broncos had to do. Either play with what you have or forfeit. Screwing over other teams to suit Baltimore is BS. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s really absurd. The Ravens should’ve had to do what the Broncos had to do. Either play with what you have or forfeit. Screwing over other teams to suit Baltimore is BS. 

Don't think that's what happening the Ravens are having a breakout at least 1 new case everyday for 8 days you want to see that stop before you throw out possible infected people on the field to play another team.

The Broncos was 1 guy testing positive there other 3 was just stupid and not following mask protocal so couldn't play as a safety measure.

Also it would prob be better for the Ravens if they cancelled it as it would most likely add 8th teams to the playoffs and improve their chances of making them

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I totally agree.  If anyone should have been screwed over it should be the ravens.  The protocol breach was much more significant.

The ravens also have a qb.  It is hard for me not to think that the league is catering towards the bigger money game and handing out uneven punishments.  I'm really blown away by it.

Good for us though!

The NFL bent over backwards because they didn't want the possibility of an asterisk hung on the Steelers, should they go undefeated.

If Baltimore had forfeited, everyone would say that the Steelers didn't actually win their season correctly. They tried to push it back so that Lamar Jackson could play to give it credibility, but eventually they decided to make the Ravens play with their backup.

Pittsburgh I can't believe I feel we have a GOOD chance of giving them their first loss. We ( barring a Covid breakout ) are healthy. Might get Lucas back - Everett, we seem to cover for him anyway with Reaves and Apke . I expect a fight to the finish with our chances like 50 / 50. This 5 pm start time is super weird !

Definitely feels a bit like a trap game for them. All the weirdness of last week and the game against their bitter rival, big primetime game next week against an 8-3 Buffalo team they may see again in January — could easily see how they might look past the little ole team with no name. 

Then again, pretty much every week for weeks has been a “trap game” for the Steelers against bad opponent after bad opponent, and though they’ve mostly played down to the competition, no one has been able to close them out. Their fierce pass rush and quick passing game make them a pretty bad matchup for us, but at least they don’t seem able (or inclined) to simply pound the ball down anybody’s throat, so that’s helpful. 

11 hours ago, Woz said:

The NFL bent over backwards because they didn't want the possibility of an asterisk hung on the Steelers, should they go undefeated.

If Baltimore had forfeited, everyone would say that the Steelers didn't actually win their season correctly. They tried to push it back so that Lamar Jackson could play to give it credibility, but eventually they decided to make the Ravens play with their backup.

I say its from the ratings taking a beating. They need this matchup to happen. Some time slots are off millions of viewers from what they were a couple years back.

2016 saw an 8% drop. 2017 saw it go down 10%. 2018 up 5%. 19 it went down 8%. This year another 6% at the mid season point. One in every 4 that viewed in 2015 has stopped watching.

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I say its from the ratings taking a beating. They need this matchup to happen. Some time slots are off millions of viewers from what they were a couple years back.

2016 saw an 8% drop. 2017 saw it go down 10%. 2018 up 5%. 19 it went down 8%. This year another 6% at the mid season point. One in every 4 that viewed in 2015 has stopped watching.

A couple of things to go with that. Ratings are pretty much down everywhere. Ratings take a hit every election year also, FYI. They usually bounce back afterwards (like we saw with the WFT Cowboys Week 12). 

The highest viewed SNF game of the season was week 11. Late game Sunday highest? Week 1 then Week 11. MNF's highest? Week 11. 

The reason why it's not airing nationally on Fox is likely because DirecTV complained when two earlier games were moved off of Sunday afternoon onto weeknights and aired nationally on CBS in primetime, cutting into the Sunday Ticket viewership.

If Comcast has its way though, Sunday Ticket will soon no longer be exclusive to DirecTV.

Comcast owns NBC, which airs the most prestigious of the NFL's TV packages - Sunday Night Football - and should use that to leverage the distribution of Sunday Ticket to other cable and satellite providers, as well as to OTT live subscription TV platforms (like Hulu or YouTube TV), otherwise NBC would cut its ties with the NFL. And Hulu is owned by Disney, which also owns the MNF broadcaster, ESPN, so Disney might also have a say in this. Charter could too if they acquire ViacomCBS, which has the AFC package on CBS.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:11 PM, offbyone said:

I totally agree.  If anyone should have been screwed over it should be the ravens.  The protocol breach was much more significant.

The ravens also have a qb.  It is hard for me not to think that the league is catering towards the bigger money game and handing out uneven punishments.  I'm really blown away by it.

Good for us though!

After years of watching the NFL make decisions you really shouldn’t be blown away by it at all. 

• Like 2