Jump to content

Offensive Coordinator Candidates (if applicable)


Recommended Posts

On 1/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, soflbillsfan said:

He is the favorite with Chargers too. I think that the connection with both GMs in LA and Houston are why. My understanding though is McDaniels could be the dark horse for the Texans. Easterby, Cesario both with Patriots when Daboll and Mcdaniels were there so the media will consistently link them together. Tom Telesco went to the same HS as Daboll so they will link him to Chargers. Plus some say herbert reminds them of allen a big strong qb that can run so his offensive system makes sense there too.

If I'm Daboll, I am taking a hard look at the Chargers. Young, talented QB, and solid players on both sides of the ball, so you're not in re-build mode. Besides, I thought I heard he had already been invited to interview with them...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Well this playoff game showed me that we will be fine without Daboll. Daboll called probably his worst game since early this season and Josh Allen put the team on his back and carried us with 378 total yards, 3TDs and 0 turnovers. 

Ahhhh, I'm not gonna discount Daboll's contributions here. It is his playbook Josh was working off of. Having said that, I do believe there are a few options that make sense to me, with the 1st being Dorsey. He is familiar with the playbook and likely would utilize many concepts and maybe the terminology that Daboll used. This would keep things nearly status quo for our team. The others would merely bring an offense and/or some other qualities/experience I would be open to. These include Kellen Moore, Matt Canada, Mike Lefleur, and maybe Pep Hamilton. Don't want anything to do with Anthony Lynn unless he is coaching RB's. His offense seems too conservative.

Edited by Yibbyl
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 2:56 AM, Yibbyl said:

If I'm Daboll, I am taking a hard look at the Chargers. Young, talented QB, and solid players on both sides of the ball, so you're not in re-build mode. Besides, I thought I heard he had already been invited to interview with them...

He interviewed with Jets and Chargers yesterday. I think the only 2 appealing jobs he should look at are the Jags and Texans every other team I would pass on and wait until next year. If he was able to do what he did this year he can easily make it exciting next year and a better job may pop up. While it is a great accomplishment to get to the HC job position you also have to make sure it is the right one and outside of the Chargers and Jags I think no other job is a right fit for him as it would take years to build and even then there are a ton of negatives and reasons not to take the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

He interviewed with Jets and Chargers yesterday. I think the only 2 appealing jobs he should look at are the Jags and Texans every other team I would pass on and wait until next year. If he was able to do what he did this year he can easily make it exciting next year and a better job may pop up. While it is a great accomplishment to get to the HC job position you also have to make sure it is the right one and outside of the Chargers and Jags I think no other job is a right fit for him as it would take years to build and even then there are a ton of negatives and reasons not to take the job.

Something about the Jags organization I just don't trust. They have young talent, but it just seems like the issues really come from the top. I just don't think they "get it" and will be like our Bills and the Browns were for a few years minimum. I think the Chargers make the most sense...unless he wants to stay here and not be a HC. Doubt that last bit though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to league rules, no teams can interview coaches still in the playoffs until after the super bowl or once the team is eliminated.

A win on Saturday could really decrease the chances of Daboll getting a job. Especially since he’s only interviewed with two teams and the Jets may be going after Saleh.

Doug Peterson and Jim Caldwell are my top outside choices if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

According to league rules, no teams can interview coaches still in the playoffs until after the super bowl or once the team is eliminated.

A win on Saturday could really decrease the chances of Daboll getting a job. Especially since he’s only interviewed with two teams and the Jets may be going after Saleh.

Doug Peterson and Jim Caldwell are my top outside choices if needed.

Yes the Chargers and Texans are the ones who have shown interest, and honestly the texans job is not appealing at all it would be Daboll having to start all over again from 2018 but now have to include fixing a defense with little to no cap and no 1st rd pick. I am hoping Jason Garret lands the Chargers job and then Daboll waits for next year. Jags didnt interview him and I think they are stuck on the Urban Meyer train with Arthur Smith as back up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets have officially hired Robert Saleh as HC.

Jags have hired Urban Meyer and the Falcons have made an offer to Arthur Smith. 
 

Thats 3 down with 4 more openings to go. Only the Chargers have interviewed Daboll. A win tomorrow could make LA more antsy and likely to go elsewhere for a new HC

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Jets have officially hired Robert Saleh as HC.

Jags have hired Urban Meyer and the Falcons have made an offer to Arthur Smith. 
 

Thats 3 down with 4 more openings to go. Only the Chargers have interviewed Daboll. A win tomorrow could make LA more antsy and likely to go elsewhere for a new HC

To me its the chargers job that worries me about Daboll. Any other job doesn't make sense. You have the Eagles who are in cap hell, a qb that may or may not be traded, a power hungry GM in Roseman. In Atlanta, you have a 32 year old wr in Julio, a 36 y/o in Matt Ryan it is win now on offense and they need to redo the defense. You then have to compete with Tom Brady for at least one more year as well as a young team in Carolina, Saints have a strong team if Jameis Winston becomes QB he is no slouch along with a strong run game and defense. Texans they are in cap hell, no draft picks and holes on both sides of the ball, the only appealing thing about this team is Watson but even that can only take you so far as he gave his best performance which only got you 4 wins this year and he is not happy being in Houston at the moment. Not to mention a power hungry VP in Easterby. Detroit has stafford but even that is not enough as he doesnt win any big games and you still have to face teams like GB and Chicago who both made playoffs this year and a strong offensive team with Vikings. So if I were Daboll I would go Chargers job or stay put for another year and see what else is out there next year. 

I was hoping chargers would have made a push for Arthur Smith but it doesn't seem like they are rushing this hire and I think it is because they are interested in Bienemy or Daboll

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

To me its the chargers job that worries me about Daboll. Any other job doesn't make sense. You have the Eagles who are in cap hell, a qb that may or may not be traded, a power hungry GM in Roseman. In Atlanta, you have a 32 year old wr in Julio, a 36 y/o in Matt Ryan it is win now on offense and they need to redo the defense. You then have to compete with Tom Brady for at least one more year as well as a young team in Carolina, Saints have a strong team if Jameis Winston becomes QB he is no slouch along with a strong run game and defense. Texans they are in cap hell, no draft picks and holes on both sides of the ball, the only appealing thing about this team is Watson but even that can only take you so far as he gave his best performance which only got you 4 wins this year and he is not happy being in Houston at the moment. Not to mention a power hungry VP in Easterby. Detroit has stafford but even that is not enough as he doesnt win any big games and you still have to face teams like GB and Chicago who both made playoffs this year and a strong offensive team with Vikings. So if I were Daboll I would go Chargers job or stay put for another year and see what else is out there next year. 

I was hoping chargers would have made a push for Arthur Smith but it doesn't seem like they are rushing this hire and I think it is because they are interested in Bienemy or Daboll

Haven’t seen it anywhere else but Dan Orloskvy said on the radio that the reason the Chargers haven’t hired anyone yet is because Daboll is still coaching. Not sure how much insider info he would have or if he is just throwing this out there because there’s enough smoke and he wants to sound smart if it happens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I had forgotten about, but important to note come a February if we lose Daboll. 
 

my external list is short but includes: Jim Caldwell, Doug Pederson and Pep Hamilton.

I would put Anthony Lynn, Joe Brady and Kellen Moore on the list of interviews. Joe Brady may leave just because Rhule is running the show for Carolina and the appeal of an established offense may get him a HC job sooner then later.

 

Lynn is front runner for OC with Seattle but wouldn't hurt to bring him in for an interview again.

Edited by soflbillsfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I would put Anthony Lynn, Joe Brady and Kellen Moore on the list of interviews. Joe Brady may leave just because Rhule is running the show for Carolina and the appeal of an established offense may get him a HC job sooner then later.

 

Lynn is front runner for OC with Seattle but wouldn't hurt to bring him in for an interview again.

Moore just signed a 3 year extension in Dallas. I feel like Lynn would be too run oriented for this team right now. 
 

I also assume McDermott will want to hire someone with a background in the Erhart-Perkins offense

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...