Playoffs? What playoffs??

vike daddy

The Vikings are the team that got run off the field by the Dallas Cowboys!  I don't think we match up well with anybody, really.  The Vikings hope for the playoffs is predicated on luck...like a missed kick by the opposition in the final seconds to lose the game.  Sorry for being pessimistic about Minnesota's chances, but that loss to Dallas has left a particularly bad taste in my mouth that no amount of Listerine can kill!

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

The Vikings are the team that got run off the field by the Dallas Cowboys!  I don't think we match up well with anybody, really.  The Vikings hope for the playoffs is predicated on luck...like a missed kick by the opposition in the final seconds to lose the game.  Sorry for being pessimistic about Minnesota's chances, but that loss to Dallas has left a particularly bad taste in my mouth that no amount of Listerine can kill!

To say that they were "run off the the field" is an interesting way to remember that game. I remember the Vikings taking the lead twice in the 4th quarter, and a bunch of egregious penalties (and missed calls!) heavily favoring Dallas (2:1 against the Vikings, more than 2:1 in yardage).  

Yes, the run defense stinks, but I don't think I'd use the Dallas game as a reason that they can't make the playoffs. IMO, they're much closer now to the team that won 3 divisional games in a row than they are to the ugly Falcons game team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Try a single malt scotch ;)

Winning the remaining division games is huge and at 5-1, that's an important tie breaker after 16 games.

I also think beating the Bucs head-to-head would be near the top of the list.  Unfortunately for this young team, the playoffs started last week and they really need to focus and win every week until March 2021.

If they can afford to lose one game, what would be best?  Losing to an AFC team?  sheesh, that's a rough way to think.  Hoping for the other guys to lose is even rougher.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I would never draw too many conclusions from a single game...the same Cowboys team only lost narrowly against the undefeated 10-0 Steelers team...same Vikings team lost by 1 pt against Seahawks, Titans. Moreover, Vikings made lot of Unforced errors in that match vs Cowboys. I don't think they are gonna win NFC or even reach playoffs, but on a given day, despite having flaws (especially on defense this yr), I think Vikings can still compete with other playoff NFC teams

• Like 2

On 12/2/2020 at 1:13 AM, upriser7 said:

I would never draw too many conclusions from a single game...the same Cowboys team only lost narrowly against the undefeated 10-0 Steelers team...same Vikings team lost by 1 pt against Seahawks, Titans. Moreover, Vikings made lot of Unforced errors in that match vs Cowboys. I don't think they are gonna win NFC or even reach playoffs, but on a given day, despite having flaws (especially on defense this yr), I think Vikings can still compete with other playoff NFC teams

They also got dismantled by the Falcons. But as mentioned, almost beat Seattle and TN. This team is bipolar this year, to be expected with such a young defense and the fact that it two months for Cousins to settle into playing at a good level. 

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If the Vikings can beat Tampa or NO I think they get in.

Tampa has been very Jekyll and Hyde this year, any given Sunday...

I'd actually like to see Zimmer game plan for a Taysom Hill led NO team. He's killed us as a gadget player recently. Any updates on Brees?

I think we've got a good shot to win one of those games. Just need to take care of business in the games we're "supposed" to win.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

the playoff machine is here.

It looks like the Vikings need strong showings from the NFC east against the NFC west to close out the year. If the Vikings can beat Tampa or NO I think they get in.

Totally random but I managed to get Wash, NYG, SF and Detroit in lol

• Like 1