eagles18 take on the State of the Eagles

On 12/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, ninjapirate said:

Well you are both homers that don't want to think your franchise qb is broken. 

As opposed to the haters who think every single Eagles Backup QB is the best player on the roster and the end all be all answer to everything that is wrong with the Eagles. I've watched you bang that specific drum for no less then a 1/2 Dozen backup Eagle QB's over the years. Were they too the answer?

• Like 1
On 12/6/2020 at 12:08 AM, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

That concussion in the playoffs is the problem imo. I'm gonna stick with that vs all these other ideas on Wentz. I think his eggs got scrambled and took something from him. Even if it was only a slight take

My power ranking of explanations for a 29 year old QB, who was a consensus top 10 QB heading into the year and a few years prior an MVP candidate, suddenly playing like the worst QB in the NFL:

1. Perfect storm of poor coaching and mediocre supporting cast gave rise for all of his bad habits and weaknesses to come out full force and get worse and worse as the season progressed, with the 1 week periods between games not enough to address the serious flaws developing in his game. 
  2. Clowney hit caused brain damage. What other QBs can you think of have gotten taken out of playoff games for a head injury? I can't recall any. A normal concussion you can play though, and that's what everyone did before we realized the dangers of them. In win or go home situations, the most important player on the team is not going to leave if he doesn't have to, regardless of NFL policy IMO. This was certainly a SEVERE concussion.
  3. Not mentally strong, confidence was shattered by Hurts pick and has spent whole year looking over shoulder, afraid to lose job. Rattled beyond belief.
  4. The injuries took a toll that just gets worse and wore with every year. Gradual loss of physical abilities forced him to change certain mechanics, lose confidence, etc.
  5. Had sex. Doesn't care.
  6. Was never good, Doug is actually an amazing HC that tricked the world into thinking Wentz was good for 3 years, but the trick has finally been figured out.
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

As opposed to the haters who think every single Eagles Backup QB is the best player on the roster and the end all be all answer to everything that is wrong with the Eagles. I've watched you bang that specific drum for no less then a 1/2 Dozen backup Eagle QB's over the years. Were they too the answer?

We'll find the answer someday Nabbs just got to keep looking until then.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Was never good, Doug is actually an amazing HC that tricked the world into thinking Wentz was good for 3 years, but the trick has finally been figured out.

That's a load of crap and you know it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

1. Clowney hit caused brain damage. What other QBs can you think of have gotten taken out of playoff games for a head injury? I can't recall any. A normal concussion you can play though, and that's what everyone did before we realized the dangers of them. In win or go home situations, the most important player on the team is not going to leave if he doesn't have to, regardless of NFL policy IMO. This was certainly a SEVERE concussion
  2. Had sex. Doesn't care. 

Def one of these two

11 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Carson Wentz will go to the Colts and light the league on fire 

Thats actually a really really good landing spot if the Eagles are stupid enough to cut bait for Jalen GD Hurst.  Never once thought of Indy, Reich, that OL. 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u