Brady and BA

ravishingone

25 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

There does seem to be a bias within coaching staffs to annoit a vet a 3rd down back over a rookie.  Look at the absurdity on this team.  Fournette is the 3rd down back with plenty of drops.  McCoy is still dressing, not playing special teams, can t run and drops passes also.  Honestly, no offense to Shady, but once he leaves Tampa, his career is a wrap.  Vaughn rookie drops passes, in fairness he got crushed in Chicago for a fumble, only plays when on of the above 3 get hurt.

Gotta be able to pass block. Apparently Fournette is better at it. Or at least in the coach's minds.

That's what Koetter - er - BA prefers in his third down backs.

55 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Gotta be able to pass block. Apparently Fournette is better at it. Or at least in the coach's minds.

That's what Koetter - er - BA prefers in his third down backs.

Of course, team takes needs that vertical.passimg game, and I ll never be a coach in the NFL, but I m pretty confident Rojo, Fournette, and McCoy are all stellar at pass blocking.

BA is one of those cement head coaches who believes that you can jam an archaic offensive scheme on talented players with complete disregard to their strengths. This offensive scheme doesn't take into account any of what works for TB12 and his skillset. He's uncomfortable and he's forcing the ball. BA is a dinosaur. Unfortunately, there will always be room for dinosaurs in the NFL. They're really just amateurs. There is no real qualification to get in the NFL. No one to date has figured out how Patriots managed to win the AFC East 11 years in a row, go to the super bowl 9 times and win 6. In 2008, they went 11-5 without Tom Brady. What Bill Belichick does is very simple, what all successful businesses do...he hires motivated employees. If you love to play this game, love to compete and hate to lose you might be his guy. He's the best Human Resources guy in the NFL. Tom Brady is a great example, 31 teams took a pass on him in the 2000 draft. Same with Julian Edelman in 2009 (MVP SB53). Why did BB draft Tom? Tom's not a great athlete and he knows it, but he has a passion and the 411 for the game. Still, there were no guarantees he'd work out. But you have to take that chance. Most of those who work in the NFL wouldn't know a football player if one came up and bit him in the ***. They know athletes, but not football players. Athletes don't win football games, football players do. They aren't even aware that there is a difference. The NFL doesn't hire professionals like HR people to evaluate players. The NFL only trusts amateurs aka..."foo'ball" people. BA is doing the exact same thing that Joe Philbin did. Joe Philbin got the HC job in Miami in 2012 with his dazzling offensive scheme that failed miserably for 3+ years and brought the franchise to its knees. And, like all failed HC's, he was quickly recycled back into that vortex of losers and *** known as the NFL. The Bucs won 7 games in spite of BA and lost 5 games because of BA. For me, the bottom line is....if you can't win with TB12, you never will.

• Like 2

TB12 isn't a fit for the vertical/stretch offense BA runs. We all questioned it at the time, but sugar coated it thinking it would work because of who they were. BA with the reputation as QB guru and TB being the GOAT...

TB skillset isn't going to change. He's an immobile QB who has always thrived in the intermediate to short area throws. These set up him occasionally taking the deep shot..

BA offense is completely opposite. Its look deep 1st, then come back to your underneath reads. Our Oline is not an elite group that can give him 5+ seconds to set-up the play and take the shot, especially when defenses know it's coming and are sending pressure repeatedly. Honestly, not sure there is an oline group in the NFL right now that could...

You look at the film on most of our deep shots over the last 4 games and there is a theme. TB is under duress or moved off his spot on 90% of the throws. Of all the throws, the deep ball has the least room for any error on throw. The pressure is killing us...

BA and company failing to make the in game adjustments needed has to change, or this will continue. Part of what made Belicheck and TB such a great duo was that Belicheck knew how to do this. He could completely change their approach based on the opponent and he could adjust in game, or bring in coordinators, who could make those calls...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

TB12 isn't a fit for the vertical/stretch offense BA runs. We all questioned it at the time, but sugar coated it thinking it would work because of who they were. BA with the reputation as QB guru and TB being the GOAT...

TB skillset isn't going to change. He's an immobile QB who has always thrived in the intermediate to short area throws. These set up him occasionally taking the deep shot..

BA offense is completely opposite. Its look deep 1st, then come back to your underneath reads. Our Oline is not an elite group that can give him 5+ seconds to set-up the play and take the shot, especially when defenses know it's coming and are sending pressure repeatedly. Honestly, not sure there is an oline group in the NFL right now that could...

You look at the film on most of our deep shots over the last 4 games and there is a theme. TB is under duress or moved off his spot on 90% of the throws. Of all the throws, the deep ball has the least room for any error on throw. The pressure is killing us...

BA and company failing to make the in game adjustments needed has to change, or this will continue. Part of what made Belicheck and TB such a great duo was that Belicheck knew how to do this. He could completely change their approach based on the opponent and he could adjust in game, or bring in coordinators, who could make those calls...

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Rojo is bad. Not for lack of effort.

Soo, what better way to exploit a defense then going vertical?  Case in point, the pick targeting Miller.  Yup. no doubt Rojo misses the block.  Pretty sure, it was a 2 man route with Evans over 10 yds down the field.  So is Leftwich playing to players' strength.  Of course not.  The play before was the Godwin bomb, which was completed.  So literally the thought process was to cover 75 yds in 2 plays.  

Against very good teams, a few plays make the difference.  I know this sample size is with 2 different QBs.  Unofficially, the Bucs are 3-8  against good teams the last 2 seasons.  Sadly, Payton is 7-0 with a back up Qb.  Granted, those wins are not against winning teams.  Coaching matters.

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

There does seem to be a bias within coaching staffs to annoit a vet a 3rd down back over a rookie.  Look at the absurdity on this team.  Fournette is the 3rd down back with plenty of drops.  McCoy is still dressing, not playing special teams, can t run and drops passes also.  Honestly, no offense to Shady, but once he leaves Tampa, his career is a wrap.  Vaughn rookie drops passes, in fairness he got crushed in Chicago for a fumble, only plays when on of the above 3 get hurt.  

tenor.gif

Vaughn is a third round pick. You have to be a pretty good prospect to be taken in the first 95 picks. Coaching staff just does not have confidence in dude if I had to guess. He runs harder and more physical than 28 and thats for damn sure.

20 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I mean, yes the Bucs go through a lot of coaching staffs. But, it's not an easy thing to find. Even Arians' resume which isn't amazing is still better than the majority of any other choices they had out there. It's just obviously not matching up with Brady's style. Sucks. They need to make some changes or we're on to 2021. 

IMO barring an NFC title game appearance, Bruce is out. I don’t think they’re going to fire him, I think what will happen is that they allow him to “retire” and then get a coach of toms choosing. 

My prediction is they’re gonna go 4-0 down the stretch against those terrible defenses,  beat the NFC east team in the playoffs than lose in the divisional round 

2 decisions really annoy me about this coaching staff.  And I ll give PR all the credit.

First, Bowles has allowed Shaq n JPP to switch sides for most of the season.  Shaq had 13 sacks from ROLB, and for some reason they switched sides.  Shaq s strip sack on Sunday from ROLB.  

Shady dressing really annoys me.  Fournette has rushed for 4.0 yds or more per carry in 2 games.  In comparison, Rojo 7 games.  So essentially. McCoy is the 3rd option, but really only 1 RB has shown an ability to run the ball.  McCoy can t run the ball.  Vaughn 5.8 yds per carry in a very limited sample.  Consider this team is running about 50% of the time on first down.  So if Rojo isn t in the game, the offense is second n long.  

Again, I think the talent on the team is covwring up some of the very questionable coaching decisions.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2020 at 8:24 PM, ravishingone said:

tenor.gif

it really is ridiculous how we dont have a pass catching RB

everyone one of these guys i below average at catching

worst part is TB12 feasts on defenses when he has a good pass catcher in the backfield

this is definitely on the coaching staff for not resolving this 

4 hours ago, indifference said:

LeVeon Bell would of been perfect for Brady. I know nobody wanted him but he’s way better than Fournette at everything we lack. 

meh

neither offer much

what we need is a quick twitch , lateral speed/quickness guy

Dion Lewis would have offered more what Brady needs

Who knows maybe Vaughn can do some of that idk im just tired of 2-5 drops from RBs on a weekly basis

LB would be a poor choice, because what Brady needs are backs that can come out of the backfield and catch the ball. Brady and Dion Lewis were teammates 2015-17 and was a solid back with great hands out of the backfield. But as someone already pointed out, they don't seem to be part of BA's offense.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, Steelyman said:

LB would be a poor choice, because what Brady needs are backs that can come out of the backfield and catch the ball. Brady and Dion Lewis were teammates 2015-17 and was a solid back with great hands out of the backfield. But as someone already pointed out, they don't seem to be part of BA's offense.

this right here is clear evidence of how BA has been trying to get Brady to fit his system rather than trying to mold his system to his players benefit