Week 13 GDT vs Chiefs

champ11

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Fangio made exactly the call that Kubiak made consistently in 2015. Put his defense on the field to try to win the game, knowing his offense absolutely sucked.

This is true.  But that was historically one of the best defenses of all time.  To the point where we won a Super Bowl because of the defense.  When you are 4- and something and going nowhere, why not try for the win?  Unless, they are looking to draft positioning in which case...good move!

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

You actually think the guy we are trotting out at QB had no impact on the punt decision? I cant fathom that line of thinking. 

Exactly. That’s what the discussion should be about.  Fangio and the staff trusted the defense to stop Mahomes more than they did Lock to pick up 3 yards.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

This is true.  But that was historically one of the best defenses of all time.  To the point where we won a Super Bowl because of the defense.  When you are 4- and something and going nowhere, why not try for the win?  Unless, they are looking to draft positioning in which case...good move!

I'm just trying to make the point I would've been fine either way. They were going for the win, just a different way. 

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

You actually think the guy we are trotting out at QB had no impact on the punt decision? I cant fathom that line of thinking. 

Never said that. I'm not saying it had no impact, just that it shouldn't have. But conservative playcalling comes from the coach, not the players.

To illustrate: Wentz has been horrendous. Has Doug Pederson stopped being aggressive on 4th down? Nope. In fact, the Eagles have already went for it 24 times, their total in all of 2019. The Bears & Jags have crappy QB' too, yet they are both top 10 in 4th down attempts.

14 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

That is likely true. Which is concerning to me.

Concerns me as well.  

Just to add as I’ve seen some talk about 4th attempts and statistics and the probability was in favor of going for it on 4th and 3.

Denver has attempted 12 4th down conversions (21st in the NFL) and converted 2 (32nd in the NFL).  They convert 16% of attempts (32nd in the NFL).  The next closest team is Jacksonville who converts 27% of the time.

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, French Fan said:

How many stop the defense made against KC ?? 

2 ...and 1 was a TD (the first possesion).

Continuing to change QB every year won't change anything Lock has been the best option since 2015.
0 pre season with a system he doesnt know, a disastrous line. How many RTs this season? Cushenberry 35 OUT OF 35 PFF. We can blame him for everything but when the only game plan was to let KC advance to the redzone and then only take "FG" (this is the reason why we are trying to convert at 2 pts and hopes we are 18-18 in the last Denver drive) it is a lamentable strategy . I have never been so bored in such a close game.
Fed up with the debate on Lock is he the right QB or not. Anyway on this forum it has become a cabal. There is no more Debate.

We have a future GM with LomaxgrUK for example he should replace Elway that would please.
On that for me this forum is finished. TIRED. You have lost a limb. Good continuation.

Deuces, mon ami