Week 13 GDT vs Chiefs

champ11

12 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I’m just saying, if the Bowlens/Ellis are looking to get out, Dak Prescott affects the sale price a lot more than whether we’ve got our next three first round picks. 

But the Joneses aren’t letting Dak go. They’ll blow up the roster and rebuild around him the next decade and take their chances at the other spots; they have their QB and as long as his ankle recovers, he’s not going anywhere. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

I am legitimately confused in what people are seeing in Lock.  Tonight was one of his best games of the season and he still was the #1 reason Denver lost.  He’s the worst starter in the league.  

Edited by germ-x

For the record, I’m not any more sold on Drew than anyone here. I have doubts, grave doubts. Gun to my head right now, I don’t think he is the long term answer. There’s a lot there, but I don’t think there’s enough. 

That said, again, I don’t see any other realistic feasible option at this point until we blow everything, and I mean everything, up, which won’t happen until the team is sold, which is at least a year away. 

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

I am legitimately confused in what people are seeing in Lock.  Tonight was one of his best games of the season and he still was the #1 reason Denver lost.  

Did you see the Patrick and Fant throws? I get it a broke clock is right twice a day. Drew has to learn how to manage a game which I have hope he can given he's had new OC year after year. He also has to learn that you don't have to play hero ball every play.

The difference in the game imo was that first drive if Drew takes the smart play and gets points on it it's a completely different outcome we win.

I disagree with blaming it all on Lock Denver's run game got shut down in the second half compared to the first when you're going against a patrick Mahomes led chiefs team you have to impose your will at the line of scrimmage and own TOP. You also have to force field goals .

Our run game showed up in the first half and didn't in the second half .

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

For the record, I’m not any more sold on Drew than anyone here. I have doubts, grave doubts. Gun to my head right now, I don’t think he is the long term answer. There’s a lot there, but I don’t think there’s enough. 

That said, again, I don’t see any other realistic feasible option at this point until we blow everything, and I mean everything, up, which won’t happen until the team is sold, which is at least a year away. 

Long term is do over stated with any team I mean look At Carson Freaking Wentz is the leader in mvp voting 2017 got benched today for the rest of the season lol.

Wentz is a guy I can get on board with bc it's feasible and we saw the ceiling. 

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

That said, again, I don’t see any other realistic feasible option at this point until we blow everything, and I mean everything up, which won’t happen until the team is sold, which is at least a year away. 

I can see it.  It scares me as a fan though because I don’t know that it improves anything.  I know you’re against Fangio as an HC, and you may be right.  But I also think he’s the only one keeping this defense relevant.  

Maybe it is time for Elway to go more than anyone, as he is the one who ultimately makes all the decisions.  At the end of the day, I think this team has been a QB away since 2015 of being in contention.

12 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I am legitimately confused in what people are seeing in Lock.  Tonight was one of his best games of the season and he still was the #1 reason Denver lost.  He’s the worst starter in the league.  

For a guy with, what, 46 starts in the SEC, we shouldn’t be seeing regression in every facet of his game at this point. He’s got a ton of experience. Even if it’s mostly at the collegiate level, he should be so much quicker to adapt by now.

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Did you see the Patrick and Fant throws? I get it a broke clock is right twice a day. Drew has to learn how to manage a game which I have hope he can given he's had new OC year after year. He also has to learn that you don't have to play hero ball every play.

The difference in the game imo was that first drive if Drew takes the smart play and gets points on it it's a completely different outcome we win.

I disagree with blaming it all on Lock Denver's run game got shut down in the second half compared to the first when you're going against a patrick Mahomes led chiefs team you have to impose your will at the line of scrimmage and own TOP. You also have to force field goals .

Our run game showed up in the first half and didn't in the second half .

But isn’t this the problem?  We’re talking about 2 throws.

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

For a guy with, what, 46 starts in the SEC, we shouldn’t be seeing regression in every facet of his game at this point. He’s got a ton of experience. Even if it’s mostly at the collegiate level, he should be so much quicker to adapt by now.

Agreed.  It’s so frustrating too.  

Just now, germ-x said:

But isn’t this the problem?  We’re talking about 2 throws.

Absolutely, not disagreeing Drew's MO out of Missouri was 10 percent of the time you'd see greatness and the rest you'd see meh. 

Coming into the league people thought hey you turn that into 20 Percent or 30 percent he may be a Franchise elite QB. That hasn't been honed in.

Jeudy was banged up tonight Sutton out for the year. Run game has been violitile and very predictable might I add especially the two straight runs to start each half.  That be the time to take a deep shot when you lull them to sleep.

Lock deserves competition no doubt,  I'll tell you what he's getting too much bashing tonight no doubt.

Gut was bashed media and fans all week for last week to the point where his mom got involved. And we're all waiting to pile on tonight and I thought he played decent.hasnt completely folded yet.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Absolutely, not disagreeing Drew's MO out of Missouri was 10 percent of the time you'd see greatness and the rest you'd see meh. 

Coming into the league people thought hey you turn that into 20 Percent or 30 percent he may be a Franchise elite QB. That hasn't been honed in.

Jeudy was banged up tonight Sutton out for the year. Run game has been violitile and very predictable might I add especially the two straight runs to start each half.  That be the time to take a deep shot when you lull them to sleep.

Lock deserves competition no doubt,  I'll tell you what he's getting too much bashing tonight no doubt.

Gut was bashed media and fans all week for last week to the point where his mom got involved. And we're all waiting to pile on tonight and I thought he played decent.hasnt completely folded yet.

Yeah.  Hopefully he figure it out to finish the season.

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

I can see it.  It scares me as a fan though because I don’t know that it improves anything.  I know you’re against Fangio as an HC, and you may be right.  But I also think he’s the only one keeping this defense relevant.  

Maybe it is time for Elway to go more than anyone, as he is the one who ultimately makes all the decisions.  At the end of the day, I think this team has been a QB away since 2015 of being in contention.

There is the great unknown of a new owner, but it seems to be it as fete a compli. 

My issue with Fangio is he’s a great DC but not a great HC; this history of the NFL is littered with great coordinators who made bad HCs. 

And I do wonder about just how much Elway can be blamed for the larger failures. Draft mistakes, sure? Whiffs in FA, yup. But the Vance hire, the win-now approach with washed up veteran stop-gap QBs? Not so sure. There’s enough to suggest there were, at least, other factors at play. 

And, looking again realistically, do you trust Ellis to hire the next GM and trust that he/she would be a considerable upgrade? I sure don’t. 

• Like 1