Week 13 GDT vs Chiefs

champ11

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Lock shows too much potential and is too cheap he's gonna start next year

I tend to agree.  As bad as he can be, he can be good... if that makes sense.  He can do pretty much everything, he just takes shots deep way too often or tries to make the tight window/wow/home run play.  He takes those shots (high risk throws) more than anyone in the league.  If 50% of those he took what the defense was giving him, we’re talking differently about him.  His flaws are teachable.

Edited by elliot878
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, elliot878 said:

I tend to agree.  As bad as he can be, he can be good... if that makes sense.  He can do pretty much everything, he just takes shots deep way too often or tries to make the tight window/wow/home run play.  He takes those shots more than anyone in the league and if on 50% of those he took what the defense was giving him, we’re talking differently about him.  His flaws are teachable.

And allbright says he is completely opposite of Cutler personally wise says he cares too much tries too hard rather than Jay's non smoking jay attitude. You wanna bet on that giy

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

And allbright says he is completely opposite of Cutler personally wise says he cares too much tries too hard rather than Jay's non smoking jay attitude. You wanna bet on that giy

It’s that and what Elliot says why I don’t think we should give up on him. 

Truth be told, and some of us might not to admit this yet, but 2021 is going to be a do-over of 2020. Vic will be back. Shurmur will be back. Drew will be back. And Ellis and Elway will be back. It’s 2022 when we could see a real change. Expect another draft of stocking young talent and an off-season spent developing the young talent we already have. 

• Like 1

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

It’s that and what Elliot says why I don’t think we should give up on him. 

Truth be told, and some of us might not to admit this yet, but 2021 is going to be a do-over of 2020. Vic will be back. Shurmur will be back. Drew will be back. And Ellis and Elway will be back. It’s 2022 when we could see a real change. Expect another draft of stocking young talent and an off-season spent developing the young talent we already have. 

We've been dealt a lot worse hands Keenum and VJ comes to mind. I called VJ BJ bc he sucked that was his Nickname.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Lock’s always shown flashes.  But he can’t operate from the pocket and he makes bonehead plays far too often.

Plenty of talent and I think he loves the game.  That doesn’t mean he deserves another year or is QB of the future though.

I didn't say he deserves it he may not but I watch the NFL long enough to connect the dots 

Potential+ Cheap Contract+ lack of continuity+ the fact that he shows flashes + the fact that we've been having failure after failure since Manning it seems like the realistic choice.

The thing about running it back with Drew is I kinda feel like the offense is ready to go and be very good...outside of the QB. Depends on how the rest of the season goes, but if you are in position to get another QB that is more talented...I’d go for it 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

The thing about running it back with Drew is I kinda feel like the offense is ready to go and be very good...outside of the QB. Depends on how the rest of the season goes, but if you are in position to get another QB that is more talented...I’d go for it 

This is exactly where I am at.  

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Ehhh I'd like to see a steady run game before we crown the o ready to break out. I mean I find it not coincidental when Drew is supported with a ground game he plays well color me surprised.

This run game has been very volitile this year.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I didn't say he deserves it he may not but I watch the NFL long enough to connect the dots 

Potential+ Cheap Contract+ lack of continuity+ the fact that he shows flashes + the fact that we've been having failure after failure since Manning it seems like the realistic choice.

Yeah I get it.  I’m not saying it’s deserved.  More along the lines of what @champ11 said.  Denver should be willing to add a QB this offseason if it presents itself.  

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Ehhh I'd like to see a steady run game before we crown the o ready to break out. I mean I find it not coincidental when Drew is supported with a ground game he plays well color me surprised.

This run game has been very volitile this year.

Our QB is completely reliant on the run game ... not a place you want to be. When we have it rolling Drew can be okay.