Week 13 GDT vs Chiefs

champ11

Just now, champ11 said:

Our QB is completely reliant on the run game ... not a place you want to be. When we have it rolling Drew can be okay. 

Most young QBs need a good run game. Plus I just don't see a pro plug and play ready guy where we will be picking Wilson from BYU? I watched him yesterday I wasn't super impressed tbh he'll need a run game as well.

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Most young QBs need a good run game. Plus I just don't see a pro plug and play ready guy where we will be picking Wilson from BYU? I watched him yesterday I wasn't super impressed tbh he'll need a run game as well.

I hear ya for sure. Def ain’t easy to find that guy. I don’t think running it back with Drew is the end of the world, but it will most likely be another rebuild year. My opinion is it is fair to say he is holding us back 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The thing about running it back with Drew is I kinda feel like the offense is ready to go and be very good...outside of the QB. Depends on how the rest of the season goes, but if you are in position to get another QB that is more talented...I’d go for it 

But what’s the other option?

Roll the dice on another rookie? People talk about Fields, and that requires leaping to #2 (assuming Lawrence declares), and he’s no sure thing. Name the last good QB to come out of Ohio State. 

A veteran? If Stafford is dealt it’ll be to Niners, a stable organization with a real owner, an elite (when healthy) roster and a borderline elite HC. Bring Flacco back? Keenum? Trade for a ruined Sam Darnold? Try to lure Andrew Luck out of retirement? 

Barring something totally out of left field, like I said earlier, Vic, Drew and Shurmur, along with Ellis, Elway and Matt “pour me another drink” Russell are back at their current spots next year. 

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But what’s the other option?

Roll the dice on another rookie? People talk about Fields, and that requires leaping to #2 (assuming Lawrence declares), and he’s no sure thing. Name the last good QB to come out of Ohio State. 

A veteran? If Stafford is dealt it’ll be to Niners, a stable organization with a real owner, an elite (when healthy) roster and a borderline elite HC. Bring Flacco back? Keenum? Trade for a ruined Sam Darnold? Try to lure Andrew Luck out of retirement? 

Barring something totally out of left field, like I said earlier, Vic, Drew and Shurmur, along with Ellis, Elway and Matt “pour me another drink” Russell are back at their current spots next year. 

If there’s an option you have too.  You can’t keep rolling with this.  

This has been a good game for Drew Lock and he’s thrown for 146 yards, 2 TDs and an INT.....when that’s a good game QB absolutely cannot be off the table.

The Chiefs pass defense gives up 300+ yards a game.  The argument of, well he looks good with a running game...he’s had a running game tonight and made 2 quality NFL passes all game long, IMO.

Edited by germ-x