GDT: Browns vs. Titans

titans0021

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, we’re definitely not a super team lol.

Yeah he wasn't breaking some major news. Defense has been suspect, Kicking game is unpredictable. Not super but I literally had to google him to see who he was and sees he has  9 catches and no TDs on the year.

Maybe the Browns peeps can let us know if he is a special teammer?

It would be like if Daren Bates for us said Browns are paper good. lol

man, i didn't realize how easy the browns' schedule has been. indianapolis is pretty much their only win against a potential playoff team. got demolished by the steelers and ravens and lost by 10 to the raiders.

it's gonna come down to the OL and defense. if we don't let myles garrett create catastrophes for us and we keep their offense in check, we'll be okay. big ifs, though.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Browns have been in cupcake land, and when they haven’t they’ve been massacred. We should beat them handily. 

This is the confidence I had going into the Jags and Bengals game and I will never make this mistake again. Especially with one of maybe two or three teams that can match us on the ground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man, i didn't realize how easy the browns' schedule has been. indianapolis is pretty much their only win against a potential playoff team. got demolished by the steelers and ravens and lost by 10 to the raiders.

Not saying the Browns aren’t good, but I don’t know if they’re as good as their record suggest(I know, the old saying “you are as good as your record says you are” but....). Any time a team with a winning record has a negative point deferential(Browns are -21), it raises questions for me.

Having said that, they could still beat us. They are a talented team with a beast of a running game. We got to get up big on them early. It would allow us to lean on King Henry and not be forced to dropped back multiple times (where Garrett would feast). It’d also take away their strength in the two headed backfield and put the game in Baker’s hands. And as we saw last year, he’s prone to make a mistake or two if he’s forced to bring his team back in a game.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This is the confidence I had going into the Jags and Bengals game and I will never make this mistake again. Especially with one of maybe two or three teams that can match us on the ground.

yeah, i'm not gonna be able to trust the titans on this probably for as long as i live. never mind against a team that is actually 8-3 with considerable talent, easy schedule be damned.

Edited by -Hope-

58 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not  really a diss. Anyone can be beaten, but.......eh...

Who says super team? Also this guy is an absolute bum. I'll take any bulletin board material we can get tho. King Henry is super tho. Browns coming off barely beating the Jags, Eagles, and Texans. The only team they have beaten with a winning record is the Colts. Lost by 30 to the Ravens and Steelers. Playing in our house. I get it any given sunday. But sorry not this Sunday. This is the Browns. This one may be an easy win.

38 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t say it from a place where I have confidence in the overall team as a whole. I say it that it’s DHenber and he’s gonna eat in every game until we’re done. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I would be worried about there ground game, I am sure they will have an ok game, but honestly it has been since Dalvin Cook since someone has done anything significant against us on the ground. And we all know he is a beast. I think our run defense is the only strong suit we have on d. I think the only way the Browns look good and Baker looks good is when they get that ground game going. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

When Nick Chubb gets more than 10 carries the Browns are undefeated. When the Browns score more than 7 they are undefeated.

Yeah, the Browns defense is really really bad.

Mayfield isn't the bum he is portrayed to be, even by half of our fan base.

This will be Henry vs. Chubb though. With Teller and Chubb both in the lineup the run game is great. We could have beat the raiders if we didn't have a couple drops in the end zone, and that was without Chubb or Teller in a windstorm. (The windstorm did help our pass defense to be fair).

I think it could go either way. Titans probably have the edge because the run game stalls on 1st and goal. A Myles Garrett strip sack is needed to gain the advantage.

Hodge is our #3 receiver currently. He isn't bad. He also wasn't wrong, not sure who implied the Titans are a super team but yeah, that's KC and KC only in the AFC.

I think this is a good matchup for us. Running teams don't really scare me. I know we are generally considered one, but the fact that we can score on you at any moment is what actually makes us so good offensively. 

Myles Garrett on David Quessenberry with Tannehill occasionally not sening blindside pressure could be scary. I think they would need to force us into negative plays in order to win, and we turn it over less than any other team in the NFL.

14 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Not saying the Browns aren’t good, but I don’t know if they’re as good as their record suggest(I know, the old saying “you are as good as your record says you are” but....). Any time a team with a winning record has a negative point deferential(Browns are -21), it raises questions for me.

Having said that, they could still beat us. They are a talented team with a beast of a running game. We got to get up big on them early. It would allow us to lean on King Henry and not be forced to dropped back multiple times (where Garrett would feast). It’d also take away their strength in the two headed backfield and put the game in Baker’s hands. And as we saw last year, he’s prone to make a mistake or two if he’s forced to bring his team back in a game.

I don't think any Browns fan thinks we're as good as our record suggests. We have had an easy schedule.

The Steelers game was really the only truly disappointing game for us. Obviously the Ravens game was a blowout, but it wasn't a shock for us to lose badly. It was week one in a COVID shortened-offseason with a new coaching staff and new schemes on both offense and defense. Meanwhile, we were going up against a well-oiled machine in the Ravens.

The Raiders game was also very disappointing, but for different reasons. The Steelers game we never had a chance in, but the Raiders game feels like a game we easily could have won but our skill players massively let us down that game and we couldn't stop their run game at all.

We were also without our two best offensive players (Chubb and Teller) for about four games each and our two best defensive players this past week (and Garrett the week prior too). So it's not like we've been at full health and just barely beating teams like the Eagles and Jaguars, but have barely beaten those teams while missing some major top players.

Long story short, we're not as good as our record suggests but we're still a solid team, IMO. We just have some clear holes and weaknesses.

• Like 1